Started on: 07-15-2013 12:19 PM
Replies: 10 (377 views)
Last post by: uhlanstan on 07-16-2013 09:59 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's hear some different replacements and model #'s and where to get them. Been a while since I've looked into stock replacements so I want to hear some opinions. I think the Spintech will sound the best, but am open to options. This is for my girlfriend's Formula and I am trying to help her out. Also is there a place to still buy C6 exhaust tips at? I haven't seen them on eBay or any threads on here.

Let me know guys and thank you for the help.

-Amir

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the Spintech muffler and I like the sound a lot. It's similar to stock but a bit louder. It's also slightly larger than the stock can but it does fit in the same location without modification.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by masospaghetti:

I have the Spintech muffler and I like the sound a lot. It's similar to stock but a bit louder. It's also slightly larger than the stock can but it does fit in the same location without modification.

Where can you buy it from these days?
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5044 posts
Member since Oct 2001
bump...
JamesCurtis

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you contacted spintech? I believe I bought mine for my L67 swap directly from them.

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

------------------

blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if just trying to replace a rotten muffler try here. the code for 20% off is: p20

http://shop.advanceautopart...=L1*14932%7CL2*14983

comes out to $279.99

plus head pipe of like $39.99 to $69.99
http://www.fierostore.com/P...rowse.aspx?d=389&p=1

if it was me i would go this route

some people are who they are and will not spend the money.

http://www.westcoastfiero.c...cat_back_system.html

i have always wondered how a small catalytic converter high flow of course with a resonator in between the muffler and cat will sound?
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a regular Ocelot system from the Fiero Store.
It had a little more rumble than the stock system. (It sounded amazing with a cammed 3.4, especially without a cat.)

The fit was not perfect, but workable.
masospaghetti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought mine direct from Spintech.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by masospaghetti:

I bought mine direct from Spintech.

Do you have the Spintech model # so I can get the right one? This is for an 88 keep that in mind.
masospaghetti

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the 311SC model. 2" inlet, 2" dual outlet. I think the mufflers are the same even for the 88 model but I am not positive.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post07-16-2013 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the best easiest install & performance increase use the Dynomax super turbo ##17730,,this muffler is a tight fit, but easy mounting

this is single outlet,nice sound quiet at idle & with police car next to you ,but has good sound at higher RPM

when you cut the old muffler off ,saw or cut as close to muffler as possible,, welds can be filed, cut down later
it is easier to mount your new muffler the more pipe length you have ..
the borla is best for increase horse power with 2 outlet,but can not find correct part number,most expensive.
mufflers can be mounted using hardware store L brackets,T brackets & turnbuckles mounted to the stock
locations often using some of the old brackets
always mount your muffler at the stock rear location ,mounting where the cat went hurts power & MPG
think about the way you will mount your new muffler & use the springs where possible
anytime I install a new part ,, I try to eliminate all possible parts to save weight

when possible always port the stock exhaust manifolds they have serious blockage,, it can be a real chore if you break some bolts /studs,how ever!! ,this is one of the most needed Fiero modifications,increase HP, better MPG ,runs cooler

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 07-16-2013).]

PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock