88 duke studders by 88fieroduke
Started on: 07-14-2013 12:53 AM
Replies: 4 (89 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 07-26-2013 02:56 PM
88fieroduke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 88 duke is having problems with backfiring through the exhaust after about 5 minutes of driving, anything before the motor is warm it runs great. And within 15 minutes of driving it will be popping thru the exhaust so bad it sounds like a gun going off in town and you fear it may die or not get up to 30mph in town. Highway driving isn't possible. The car ran great before and one day it suddenly did this. I know the car has a strong motor and was rebuilt 30k miles ago without a hiccup until now. I thought I'd try the unplugging the MAP sensor buy it didn't help. The check engine light isnt on and I don't know where to start. The car has had a complete tune up within the past year and has newer fuel pump and filter. (fuel pressure is good) I'm thinking maybe a coil? Any help is appreciated. The car has the egr blocked off but I doubt thats anything related. It ran great without it earlier. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88fieroduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should also mention that it runs great in neutral. You can rev it all day without the slightest miss
88fieroduke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierodukeSend a Private Message to 88fierodukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88fieroduke

189 posts
Member since Mar 2012
I should also mention that it runs great in neutral. You can rev it all day without the slightest miss
TriumphFetish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you pulled any codes?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your coil packs. I had issues where one cracked.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock