Started on: 07-13-2013 06:21 PM
Replies: 14 (354 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 07-16-2013 03:44 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im in the process of trying to start my engine swap. A 3800 SC II from a 2000 Pontiac Bonnivile. Fuel tank has plenty of gas. Disconnected the fuel line to see if Im getting fuel,yes there is fuel (new fuel pump and fresh gas).No blown fuses and the fuseable links look good. Seems like Im not getting any spark, to the coil pack. I grounded the base of the coil pack (no change). What about the PCM, do I need to ground the case? Thoughts or sugestion , befor I have it towed to the shop. Thanks.....James.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you do anything about the vats?
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I had that edited out (or what ever they do). I did move the coil pack,by lengthing the wireing....slight posibility, I got a wire or two wrong. Ill take a look at that again.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ignition module gets its ground through the wire coming off the harness not the case and the PCM also does not need the case grounded. Check to make sure you have both battery power and ignition power to the PCM. Is the PCM programmed as a Bonneville or did you reprogram it as a GP and wire the harness to match as some people do. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

The ignition module gets its ground through the wire coming off the harness not the case and the PCM also does not need the case grounded. Check to make sure you have both battery power and ignition power to the PCM. Is the PCM programmed as a Bonneville or did you reprogram it as a GP and wire the harness to match as some people do. Dan

Also make sure you have power While Cranking not just with the key on.

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a good website for trying to track down ur issue. I have used it several times to troubleshoot no fire issues due to bad parts or wiring. The ICM harness is a known culpert of causing no fire issues from bad ground wire to the pin in.the plug getting pushed back just a little.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002
Here is a good website for trying to track down ur issue. I have used it several times to troubleshoot no fire issues due to bad parts or wiring. The ICM harness is a known culpert of causing no fire issues from bad ground wire to the pin in.the plug getting pushed back just a little.

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Quite some time ago,the PCM was programmed by Loyde at Fast Fieros. I asume he knew what he's doing. I may have goofed some where.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also an easy place to mess up when making a harness is to mix up the two white wires coming off the small ignition module harness. Pin A goes to the PCM and pin E is for the tach if they are mixed up it will create a no start issue. Also check to make sure the plug is ok on the crank sensor as I have found a few over the years with bent pins on the sensor or the connector damaged. Dan
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

Quite some time ago,the PCM was programmed by Loyde at Fast Fieros. I asume he knew what he's doing. I may have goofed some where.

Helps to add website....

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good info site !
PFF
System Bot
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2013 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everyone! Great Info!
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Thanks for that site, I been having trouble with a 02 sensor heater that been driving me crazy, with that site I think I can figure it out. Thanks again. All trouble shooting site should be like that one, even dummies like me can figure it out

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Thanks for that site, I been having trouble with a 02 sensor heater that been driving me crazy, with that site I think I can figure it out. Thanks again. All trouble shooting site should be like that one, even dummies like me can figure it out

Yeah I love that site as it breaks it down...Glad it helped and hope it helps others.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MstangsBware

11509 posts
Member since Mar 2002

Originally posted by IIKool:

Yeah I love that site as it breaks it down...Glad it helped and hope it helps others.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock