How do I activate/lower my windows when off of car by hcforde
Started on: 07-12-2013 11:50 AM
Replies: 4 (151 views)
Last post by: theogre on 07-12-2013 11:45 PM
hcforde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took off the doors of a car that had been sitting since 1999. I would like to lower the windows so the do not get broken. I have 3 cables coming out of the door probably for power locks, power windows and power mirrors. I hope this is as easy as finding the right cable and connecting 12V power & ground.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is that easy. Just apply 12V across two of the leads. If that doesn't work, try and reverse the polarity. Repeat for other pairs of wires. If the motors work. you will be able to lower the windows.

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

hcforde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hcfordeSend a Private Message to hcfordeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. This is a 1987 GT. Which cable and which wires do I use to do this? They are not just dual wire connectors, only one of them is, and I really don't want to experiment and ruin something.

[This message has been edited by hcforde (edited 07-12-2013).]

trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have never seen the connectors, but first I would try the ones with the largest wires, probably the one with two wires. If you get the polarity wrong the window will just try to go up when you push down. If you have a meter you could put it across pairs of wires with it int he Ohm position and operate the switch and see what pair are window wires. Larry
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wires are heavier...
blu/wht & tan right door
Dk blu & brn left door

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock