Speaker help - Both passenger speakers not functioning by xquaid
Started on: 07-11-2013 10:53 AM
Replies: 1 (131 views)
Last post by: zkhennings on 07-11-2013 11:06 AM
xquaid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xquaidClick Here to visit xquaid's HomePageSend a Private Message to xquaidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everybody,

My 1988 2m4 lost power to the right (passenger) two speakers about 3 years ago. I never bothered to fix it.

However, at the time I had another Fiero project car. I took the speakers from my car and moved them to the project car and they worked there.

Does this mean my head unit is bad? What would you suggest?

- Justin

Youtube video - my 2m4 Fiero w/ 44k miles!

------------------
Fitness Entrepreneur
Founder - www.fitnesspatterns.com +
www.gymgym.us

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as everything is plugged in right, it is probably the head unit. I just replaced mine because none of the right hand speakers would play. Fixed the problem. You can pull the radio out and back pin with a voltmeter to check to see if anything is outputting at the speaker outs. If nothing is then it is definitely the head unit. I forget which wires are the right hand speakers. I think the speaker wires are the grey ones, the purple ones, the green ones, and white ones. Of those 4 colors there are two of each wire, but the second wire of the same color will have a black stripe to denote that it is the ground wire. I am not sure of the 4 colors which are the right hand speaker wires.

[This message has been edited by zkhennings (edited 07-11-2013).]

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock