fuel pump noise by littleblackpontiac
Started on: 07-10-2013 08:38 PM
Replies: 6 (211 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 03-06-2015 06:56 AM
littleblackpontiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So summer time is here again and the temps here in Southern Idaho is in the triple digits. Also having a black car with no A/C is a real treat, a life changing event!
Anyways so say i pull into a gas station or anywhere. I shut off the car and go inside. When i return to my car and start it up, you will hear a loud pulsing whine coming from the center console and if you grab the shifter you can feel a pulsation. Also the engine RPMs will fluctuate matching the whine noise. If its really hot, it will do this till the point where the engine dies. when you try to give it gas it will hesitate and try cutting out. in this event i will have to let the car sit in shade and cool off before it will start and run again. I also get a very stong smell of the Evap canister fuel stinch.

So my question is, Has anyone else experienced this. My fellow club members cars don't do this and they've never experienced this problem.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This JUST happened to me, like 3 times in the same afternoon, & didn't return. It felt like it wanted to stall, but didn't. By the time I put it into gear it calmed itself.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you ever changed the EVAP canister filter out? There is actually a filter in there that can cause the symptoms you have described on start-up. It's a flat, round filter element similar in design to filters that are put on vacuums. On many, MANY Fieros, this filter is overlooked and many may still be rolling around on the original filter.
littleblackpontiac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for littleblackpontiacSend a Private Message to littleblackpontiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not changed the filter. I was actually considering replacing the charcoal canister
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that can happen with an injected engine is that when it is hot and the engine is shut down, the fuel boils in the lines. This happens when the pressure bleads off. When the engine is started it takes a little time for the pressure to come up and condense all the vaporized fuel in the system, so the engine runs really bad for a little bit. You may be experiencing this problem, plus something else, so take care not to fixate on one issue and ignore another. Larry
modsquad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for modsquadSend a Private Message to modsquadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What about the noise from the console? Mine has been making this noise as well. It finally stopped running today... :-(
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2015 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds to me like you need to drop the tank and change the fuel pump and filter sock.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock