Door question by pttransamdriver
Started on: 07-10-2013 06:30 PM
Replies: 5 (228 views)
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 10-05-2013 07:40 AM
pttransamdriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pttransamdriverSend a Private Message to pttransamdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 84 and the drivers side door had the lock punched out. I found all the parts except the little rectangular piece that actuates the lock pushrod. I was wondering before I mess with just fabricating a new one if there are some options to get another one from a different model car, that I could possible find in the junkyard

Any ideas?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pttransamdriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pttransamdriverSend a Private Message to pttransamdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*Bump*
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you talking about the part that attaches to the back of the lock cylinder? If so, then they're interchangeable with many GM cars of the same era. If not, then try posting a picture of the part so we can see what you mean.
pttransamdriver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pttransamdriverSend a Private Message to pttransamdriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture I found here on the forum of what I need to get my drivers door to unlock with the key

gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you need the flat metal stamping that attaches to the lock cylinder at one end and the lock rod at the other end? If that's what you need I've got one I can send you. I will send you a PM to get your mailing address.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Are you talking about the part that attaches to the back of the lock cylinder? If so, then they're interchangeable with many GM cars of the same era. If not, then try posting a picture of the part so we can see what you mean.

Ayup, they are somewhat different in some cases but as a rule they are just about all the same over all the GM vehicles of the decade and more. sometimes they can be different from one side to the other, but some of them can be swapped from one side to the other.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock