Check this out! by JT.86FieroGT
Started on: 07-09-2013 08:17 PM
Replies: 29 (1002 views)
Last post by: JT.86FieroGT on 10-04-2013 02:12 PM
JT.86FieroGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last Wednesday I bought a 1986 Fiero GT - just want to share it :P
Its a V6 of course, rebuilt engine, body is in great condition
120k miles

I plan on putting a LOT of time into this car until its just stunning

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

What it needs:
new intake cover, fuel door latch, A/C system, right light motor, pulse board for ww's, lock actuators, drivers side lock button, horn fixed, new muffler, belt tightened

I'm open to all ideas so please let me know what you think!
- JT

[This message has been edited by JT.86FieroGT (edited 07-09-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is beautiful. I am really taken the with the looks of the wing delete ....I have even been toying with removing my wing . Have fun with the car!! Ask these guys for help if you need it ...they are great
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Nice to start out with one that is in great condition. I'm a bit jealous. Good luck with your project and please keep us updated.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White truck, white car and now a white Fiero ---- Could I be detecting a pattern?
chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad it's not a notchie, LOL
Looks nice, and for the headlight motor you can get a rebuild kit for about $25 they are really easy.

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the no-wing look on the white GT. Great car.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (Daily Driver)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

John W. Tilford

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John W. TilfordClick Here to visit John W. Tilford's HomePageSend a Private Message to John W. TilfordEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I drove my red 88 GT (no wing because Ed of Fiero Factory gave me that choice when the Factory was putting mine back together in 2006 after a wreck, but that's another story) to the Indianapolis 30th a couple of weeks ago just to look around. I thought mine was unusual, but several GTs had no wings. I like the way it looks without the wing, and it seems that several spectators do as well. Plus - 'makes it a lot easier to see out the rear window!

------------------
John W. Tilford

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car. I have always wanted a real nice Fiero like that. When you resurrect them from the dead, sometimes is hard to justify the pretty and go fast bits. Enjoy it, and make it how YOU want it!

As for me, I would ditch those wheels as fast as humanly possible! lol
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

I concur!!

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something just doesn't look right for an 86GT. 86GT's had silver lower trim, not the charcoal. Charcoal was on the 86SE. Does the VIN verify that it's a GT? Non-the-less, it is a very nice looking car. Great catch.

I'm also trying to figure out where that EGR valve vacuum line goes. It should be routed underneath the intake.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 07-12-2013).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is in great shape.... but yeah, the wheels gotta go

Also has the exact deck that I just took out of my car a few months ago that was quickly transplanted to another Fiero
PFF
System Bot
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n7vrz:

I concur!!

Hear hear.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice starting point for your project.

The steering wheel has a GT horn button, but its actually the 3 spoke Sport >WRONG! (see correction below)< wheel.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-13-2013).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The steering wheel has a GT horn button, but its actually the 3 spoke Sport wheel.

That's the same steering wheel in my '85 GT... if it wasn't for the mileage, I'd be thinking those were shots of my dash

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 07-13-2013).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To revise my previous post......

According to the Enthusiast's Guide to the Pontiac Fiero, the wheel is described as

Formula
(NK3)
('84-'85)
Image 131

The correct wheel for an 85 GT would be

Leather Wrapped Formula
(NP5)
('85-'88)
Image 134

Hope this information is useful to someone.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 07-13-2013).]

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, GT's had leather wrapped steering wheels. It appears that the one shown is the hard rubber version. That, along with the dark lower body trim lends more to the possibility that a fastback clip was swapped to an 86SE. But it's still a nice car.

JT, what does the title say? Use this VIN decoder to see if it's an SE or GT chassis. http://www.gafiero.org/vin.shtml
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Yes, GT's had leather wrapped steering wheels. It appears that the one shown is the hard rubber version. That, along with the dark lower body trim lends more to the possibility that a fastback clip was swapped to an 86SE. But it's still a nice car.

JT, what does the title say? Use this VIN decoder to see if it's an SE or GT chassis. http://www.gafiero.org/vin.shtml

I haven't checked the VIN but its a V6 and the Title said FGT so I assume that stands for Fiero GT
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JT.86FieroGT

44 posts
Member since Jul 2013

Originally posted by NetCam:

That's the same steering wheel in my '85 GT... if it wasn't for the mileage, I'd be thinking those were shots of my dash

The person i bought the car from said she took the stock steering wheel off and replaced it with a firebird steering wheel.
She said the leather on the stock one was starting to come apart at the seams, but i've looked at it and it looks fine. I will probably put it back on once i have time.
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JT.86FieroGT

44 posts
Member since Jul 2013

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

Great looking car. I have always wanted a real nice Fiero like that. When you resurrect them from the dead, sometimes is hard to justify the pretty and go fast bits. Enjoy it, and make it how YOU want it!

I plan on trading them out for some cragars asap, but rims are expensive
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JT.86FieroGT

44 posts
Member since Jul 2013

Originally posted by steve308:

White truck, white car and now a white Fiero ---- Could I be detecting a pattern?

hahaha total coincidence!
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car! Is that a non factory sunroof I see? Also you might try and look for a factory recall weatherstrip and clips. It will save your front exhaust manifold from a certain early death!! Ask me how I know...

Edited to add...Also if your interested in a factory intake grill (to replace whats left or your intake scoop) I have a spare you could have for cost of shipping!

Have fun with the car, it's a great starting point!!

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 07-19-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:
Also you might try and look for a factory recall weatherstrip and clips. It will save your front exhaust manifold from a certain early death!! Ask me how I know...

Do you (or anyone else) know the official name for this part? I am assuming you are talking about the weather strip at the front of the decklid

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 92wastheyear:

Do you (or anyone else) know the official name for this part? I am assuming you are talking about the weather strip at the front of the decklid

Sorry I don't know any name other then, "Factory recall weather strip". Someone else here probably knows the part number et al. And yes it's the weather strip along the front of the decklid.
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Great looking car! Is that a non factory sunroof I see? Also you might try and look for a factory recall weatherstrip and clips. It will save your front exhaust manifold from a certain early death!! Ask me how I know...

Edited to add...Also if your interested in a factory intake grill (to replace whats left or your intake scoop) I have a spare you could have for cost of shipping!

Have fun with the car, it's a great starting point!!

Thanks man but I already ordered one
And how do you know?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked through the P22 parts book and couldn't find the 'recall weatherstrip' anywhere in the parts list. It isn't shown in any of the body or rear compartment illustrations.
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have a list of new problems I've found since I've been driving it.... yay...

The windshield wiper board turned out to be an electrical problem, no luck fixing that yet
one of the four tail lights stopped working for a little while, now it is working again but my blinkers stopped working instead
I thought it was just the light on the speedometer that was out but its both

I did figure out the problem with my light motors, the right motor moves the the light up and down but the motor keeps spinning and spinning after it is already up
Well I can't really say I figured out the problem, all i did was plug them in haha

I'd post some new pictures but the car looks exactly the same, haven't done anything really to the exterior
I am waiting for my cross country season to be over which will be about a month, then I'll start working on it non stop and keep this thread updated

If you have any ideas I am all ears... well, eyes

[This message has been edited by JT.86FieroGT (edited 10-03-2013).]

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need a motor rebuild if it keeps running after it's up or down, (the nylon gear is stripped). You can get good rebuild kits from Rodney, and there are a few great YouTube videos on how to do the rebuild by buddycraigg. Here's the first of 7, they were really helpful when I rebuilt mine.

Edit: You may want to consider doing an upgrade to a Gen 2 system, they are a far better system. I did last month and I'm very happy with it.

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 10-03-2013).]

JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

You need a motor rebuild if it keeps running after it's up or down, (the nylon gear is stripped). You can get good rebuild kits from Rodney, and there are a few great YouTube videos on how to do the rebuild by buddycraigg. Here's the first of 7, they were really helpful when I rebuilt mine.

Edit: You may want to consider doing an upgrade to a Gen 2 system, they are a far better system. I did last month and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks man I will definitely check that out!

NiotaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like too much work, where is it and I'll come take it away for you. hahahaha, looks great!!!
JT.86FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JT.86FieroGTSend a Private Message to JT.86FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NiotaFiero:

Sounds like too much work, where is it and I'll come take it away for you. hahahaha, looks great!!!

You'll have to pry my cold dead hands from the steering wheel hahaha :P

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock