off the wall build idea by flyboy367
Started on: 07-09-2013 07:19 PM
Replies: 4 (208 views)
Last post by: FFIEROFRED on 07-10-2013 10:04 PM
flyboy367

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyboy367Send a Private Message to flyboy367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm generly know for doing crazy stuff. Just joking with some friends over the weekend (whiskey involved) we got on the topic of car builds. Now I would love to have my can't remember how many muscle car but to build one like I did before mortgage and kids would take a long time and not having the funds lime back in the day is be pissed when I break it. So we started talking about budget stuff. I've noticed a lot of old fleet s10 trucks for sale cheap. I'm also a wiz with the grand Prix 3.8 supercharged platform.
So now I have this idea for a mid engine s10 off a grand Prix engine and probably a fiero manual trans and do some euro style metal work so I can teach my kids how to do it and build the drivetrain and if they mess something up its cheap to replace.
Now that my life story is out can someone provide me with some details on the shift linkages trans size bla to mount to l67 etc so I can start building on paper
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put a 3.8 in a streached Fiero frame and with a shortie S-10 PU body on it. Kind of cool I would think. Then you could put one more FWD engine in the front and have a real interesting piece. Larry
flyboy367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyboy367Send a Private Message to flyboy367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More along the lines of fit to an s10 turbo and inter cool the 3.8 with a mass of zzp parts then put a fiberglass cast 4 banger in the real engine compartment and challenge people to race
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Simple enough to build a 3"x2" ret. tube frame for the S-10 body & bolt Fiero suspension to it. Have you seen my VW build?
http://angelonearth.net/VW.html
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
FFIEROFRED

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FFIEROFREDSend a Private Message to FFIEROFREDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a "wrap"made for the hood that shows a 2.5 in the front. lighter, easyer.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock