New to the forum, starting 3800sc F40 swap by mkman
Started on: 07-08-2013 08:55 AM
Replies: 1 (312 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 07-08-2013 10:54 AM
mkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mkmanSend a Private Message to mkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,
My name is Mike, I just joined the forum. I am a kit car guy, with lamborghini's being my favorite. In 2006 I completed a Fiero based Diablo kit. It had a TPI 350 engine with the v8 archie kit, and a 5 speed getrag. In 2011 the area where I live had major flooding, and the car was lost, it was completely under water for 3 days. I have decided that it is time to start a new build. I am currently gathering parts to do a 3800sc swap with a F40 6 speed. I bought a 85 Fiero GT with a blown engine, a wrecked Grand Prix GTP with a good engine, and a new F40 transmission. My plan is to build a lamborghini aventador replica. I will be stretching the Fiero, changing the wheel bolt pattern, installing corvette brakes, installing power steering, and widening the suspension as required. I will try to keep updates as I build, I am still gathering parts and working on the body right now.

[This message has been edited by mkman (edited 07-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The F40 works quite nicely with the 3800SC engine it is just a matter of making up the extra needed parts to go with it. If you need any help let me know as I have done one so far and am just starting on a second one in my own car now. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock