What clicks when you use a turn signal? by Shonyman32
Started on: 07-08-2013 05:44 AM
Replies: 9 (291 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 07-10-2013 04:40 PM
Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want my car not to click when using the turn signal. Just light up.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flasher produces the clicking noise. Its located on the outer left side of the steering column support.
cebix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bimetallic contacts click inside the flasher. You can wrap something around the flasher to dampen the sound - it's under the steering column. Other than that pretty much the only way to go is to get an electronic relayless flasher which uses a speaker for clicks and just hack it off.
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the answer I wanted to hear but thanks none the less. I will try to at least muffle it.

Ill at least be able to locate the sound now.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or you can turn up the stereo!
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cebix:

The bimetallic contacts click inside the flasher. You can wrap something around the flasher to dampen the sound - it's under the steering column. Other than that pretty much the only way to go is to get an electronic relayless flasher which uses a speaker for clicks and just hack it off.

The first time my 17 yr old rode in mine (a few weeks ago), is something to the effect: "Is that an analog clicking for the blinkers? Cool"

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems to me Ive seen aftermarket flashers that dont click. I dont know why you dont want it though since its designed to make the sound because its easy to forget there on when you use it on the freeway...especially if the suns hitting your dash and you dont see the lights. I can live with the click, but many cars now sound chimes like seat belt warnings when you have the turn signal on...that is annoying as hell.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 07-09-2013).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 567
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"They" want Blinkers making noise tho that people won't leave the signal on for miles.

Option:
Unclip flasher. Flasher makes more noise clipped or lay on trim panels.
Change flasher. Different designs often make different noise etc.

Note... Don't use OE clip on plastic flasher. OE clip's teeth can eat holes in the plastic and often short out.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some of the newer flashers are digital. They are silent and have good brisk flash.
You can get them at any parts store.

------------------

Project Genisis Lo Budget 3800SC swap

88 Coupe under construction

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many years ago I watched a clip on TV showing a view a camera mounted between the seats in a Ferrari Testarossa. Every time the driver used the turn signal it clicked reasonably loud and bold. Years later I was driving in my friends little Toyota pick up and his flasher was louder than anything I generally have ever heard. So I went to a Toyota dealer and bought a flasher like his. I cut off the top of the plastic cap. Put a screen over it just in case and mounted it on a very thing steel plate bolted only on one end to the fuse box. Now I have a much louder, bolder turn signal sound in my 88 Mera. Any little thing I can do to make it more realistic.

Rodney Dickman
1988 Mera

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock