Reverse lights after 5 speed conversion by pontiacfierokid1985
Started on: 07-07-2013 10:15 PM
Replies: 4 (333 views)
Last post by: NetCam on 07-08-2013 06:28 PM
pontiacfierokid1985

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiacfierokid1985Click Here to visit pontiacfierokid1985's HomePageSend a Private Message to pontiacfierokid1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so i did the getrag 282 conversion from a wrecked 87 gt an put it into my 85 gt 4 speed car i finished the swap an now i need to wire the reverse lights but i forgot the wiring to wire it into the c500 connector can i just wire 2 wires from the reverse light switch on the trans to connector next to shifter this should make it work right ?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah that'r right after a four speed to five speed conversion than what you have to do is to wire up the five speed reverse switch up to the c500 so then you can have your reverse lights be activated by the reverse switch on the new transmission so yeah just hook the wires to c500 and run them to the reverse switch and put on a connector and then your lights should work when you shift into reverse and everything should be fine and then it will all work good and yeah!!!!
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiacfierokid1985:

can i just wire 2 wires from the reverse light switch on the trans to connector next to shifter this should make it work right ?????

Technically that will work...but do yourself a favor....wire it correctly into the c500.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can do it either way. Here's the schematic for the 5-speed cars in case you find it useful:

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did mine following instructions from Phonedawgz . It took me about a half hour and it's done right.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock