New 2.8L exhaust setup idea by DaytonTD
Started on: 07-07-2013 08:20 PM
Replies: 3 (295 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 07-08-2013 09:57 PM
DaytonTD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering if something like this would work, I have my car apart right now so I don't know clearances. I'm looking to have a loud slightly exotic sound for the open electronic dump (hence the Borla XR-1 Racing), then a quiet exhaust (not too concerned with the tone, just as quiet as possible) for the closed dump. Both mufflers will be one inlet and one outlet.

My main question is what kind of muffler should I be looking at for the quiet one. Secondly can anybody see any foreseeable problems with this setup?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone? I was thinking of buying an exhaust online tonight. Thanks in advance
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The pictures in this thread might answer your question about whether it's feasible. Similar setup on an LS4 swap.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092262.html

If you want a quiet muffler, you could just get a stock replacement probably. Not sure why you'd do such a setup on a 2.8 though.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd replace the Borla with a Magnaflow. Second choice would be the Moroso. But the Moroso is pretty loud.

For the second muffler, you have several choices, mostly all good. One thing if you want some better performance go up to the 2.5" pipe after your Y.

Arn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock