Dash switches are dull by 86 Vintage Fiero
Started on: 07-07-2013 06:58 PM
Replies: 4 (203 views)
Last post by: 86 Vintage Fiero on 07-07-2013 11:14 PM
86 Vintage Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any exposed switch around the dash or around the shifted is dull but if you take your finger nail you can rub off the dullness. I imagine it is due to the car sitting out in the sun from the previous owner. Is there anything I can do to bring these switches back to there original factory look or somewhat close ??
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mark1970

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mark1970Send a Private Message to mark1970Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought all new switches for mine, headlight switch is available from autozone for $15 and all the others i got from Fiero store... only one not available is the power mirror switch
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86 Vintage Fiero:

Any exposed switch around the dash or around the shifted is dull but if you take your finger nail you can rub off the dullness. I imagine it is due to the car sitting out in the sun from the previous owner. Is there anything I can do to bring these switches back to there original factory look or somewhat close ??

That dullness is oxidation ...what I would do is try a tiny dab of rubbing compound and see if it will lift the oxidation...be aware that if there are any words printed on the plastic part they will rub off. Basically try it and see...at worst you will have to buy a new switch from Fiero store
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can lightly buff them with very fine (0000) steel wool.
86 Vintage Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 Vintage FieroSend a Private Message to 86 Vintage FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for everyone's input I will try your ideas and I will probably end up buying new ones.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock