Started on: 07-07-2013 10:03 AM
Replies: 4 (402 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 07-08-2013 07:33 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so i am looking to get some tint in the fiero i have seen precut kits on ebay who would sell the best kit or what manufactures should i run away from.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went and got 35% tint roll. Trimmed it to the general shape of the window, started attaching it and then trimmed it to fit perfect.
Edit: With the roll there was also enough left to do the rear window, but it has a seam in the center. I think the roll was about $10-$12 and I bought the tint kit with the squeegee spray. Cost me maybe $35...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 07-07-2013).]

zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I would take it to a shop. I got mine done for $125 I believe, and the film they used has a lifetime warranty against fading bubbling, peeling, turning purple, just about anything but scratching (that is as long as the tint shop is still around). I think most of the tint that is sold to the public is not very good quality and will start to turn purple of bubble up in a short period of time. So my advice would be find a good tint shop that shaves the tint on the edges of the windows.
Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I bought my fiero it had two layers of purple tint. The back glass is still purple. Get high quality tint if you do it yourself.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me start by saying that I tinted windows professionally for over 25 years.

The quality of the over the counter films has improved greatly over the last decade. I have no issues with most of the tinting film now available at retail locations.

The key to a good result is cleanliness. If you think the window is clean enough, clean it again. Pretrim the film to fit on the outside of the glass, then transfer to the inside surface.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock