86 rear strut bolts... by sco77
Started on: 07-06-2013 07:55 PM
Replies: 9 (319 views)
Last post by: Jfrost on 07-07-2013 07:40 PM
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need new strut to knuckle bolts (camber bolts), where can I buy them and should I get something other than stock?

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NAPA sells a good ones part # NCP 2643609
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

I need new strut to knuckle bolts (camber bolts), where can I buy them and should I get something other than stock?

Sco, you know i work at a parts store? call papa in glen burnie, i **think** we havem in stock.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

NAPA sells a good ones part # NCP 2643609

Rear and fronts are the same part number?

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

Sco, you know i work at a parts store? call papa in glen burnie, i **think** we havem in stock.

Are they the same type as posted above?

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV) Build Progress eta: 8/13
98 GTP - Some mods

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rear and fronts are the same part number?

Only the rear of Fiero's have struts, so you need two. To adjust camber in front, you need slotted upper ball joints. Rodney sells those. NAPA lists them as 'fronts' and 'rears' just as generic names. Most FWD cars have struts in the front, and would use the camber bolts in front.
sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

Only the rear of Fiero's have struts, so you need two. To adjust camber in front, you need slotted upper ball joints. Rodney sells those. NAPA lists them as 'fronts' and 'rears' just as generic names. Most FWD cars have struts in the front, and would use the camber bolts in front.

Doh, im an idiot... Said that because when I looked the part number up it says "front" .. but obviously it cant be front.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doh, im an idiot... Said that because when I looked the part number up it says "front" .. but obviously it cant be front.

well, they are probably 'front' on other more popular applications since the 84-87 uses a 'front' style setup on rears
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to post a pic... I found a Fiero in the junkyard, where someone used regular hardware-store-variety bolts on their struts. They were much too small! Probably 1/4-20 or more likely the next size larger. And since they were much too small, they had to use a series of washers on each end - with the nuts REALLY tight - to hold an alignment. I keep thinking, one good bump and those bolts are going to break and the alignment is going to shift. Or worse! I'm sure they weren't the right strength rating either.

EDIT - Here it is. Yeah, bigger than 1/4-20 but not as big as they're supposed to be.

[This message has been edited by css9450 (edited 07-07-2013).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

I need to post a pic... I found a Fiero in the junkyard, where someone used regular hardware-store-variety bolts on their struts. They were much too small! Probably 1/4-20 or more likely the next size larger. And since they were much too small, they had to use a series of washers on each end - with the nuts REALLY tight - to hold an alignment. I keep thinking, one good bump and those bolts are going to break and the alignment is going to shift. Or worse! I'm sure they weren't the right strength rating either.

EDIT - Here it is. Yeah, bigger than 1/4-20 but not as big as they're supposed to be.

Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Is this a recent find, if so what junkyard? Any good parts left

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock