Pulling with change in RPMs by ltlgt88
Started on: 07-04-2013 11:23 AM
Replies: 1 (63 views)
Last post by: aaronkoch on 07-04-2013 04:53 PM
ltlgt88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlgt88Send a Private Message to ltlgt88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey I was at the 30th and on my 4 hour drive home i really started to notice that my car was moving around on the road alot.

Here is what it does.

When i am cruising down the interstate w/ the cruise control on at at about 75-80 (2500-2800 RPM) and i tap the break to turn of the cruise for slower traffic the car tends to pull to the left. When i have room to pass and get back on the gas the car seems to pull to the right. This also happens at lower speeds when driving the car in 3rd or 4th gear at the same RPMs around town, and i get off the gas/ or throw in the clutch to coast into a light.

It almost feels like the back end of the car is what is moving the car around and not the steering up front (but not 100% sure on that) and it feels like it will get real sketchy when on long curved corners, or long curved entrance and exit ramps.

I have had the car alignment checked and doesn't seem to be an issue. The camber is off a little but the toe and caster are good.

I also have lowering springs on all 4 corners, and koni adjustable up front and kyb's in the rear.... Don't believe i have the lowering ball joints but that is somewhere on the to-do list.

I was thinking it might be the motor mounts or trans mounts, and this could be some type of torque steer or something like that because on or more may be starting to fail, but don't want to dive in to changing all the mounts if that is not what it is.

If anyone has any ideas on this or experience the same problem and solved it, let me know. I want to take the car on a summer vacation with the wife, and she will do some of the driving, however she was having some issues with this on the way home from the 30th when she was driving. I am also wonder if the car is still safe to drive in the current condition, or if this is needed to be addressed immediately??.

------------------
LETS GO DRIVING!!!
[

Power Tour Long Haul 2009, 10 (muscle car)
Power Tour Long Haul 2011, 12 (Fiero)

Trying to make at least one stop 2013(Fiero)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
aaronkoch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your car is an 88, check to make sure the long bolt that goes thru the upright is tight, and that your wheel bearings are torqued to 200 ft lbs. Something is causing your rear toe to change under load.

------------------

Build thread for my 88 + 3800NA swap

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock