Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Exhasut manifold has a crack in it . Is that why it runs choppy and idles rough?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Exhasut manifold has a crack in it . Is that why it runs choppy and idles rough? by FieroGT-987
Started on: 07-03-2013 05:08 PM
Replies: 2 (214 views)
Last post by: trotterlg on 07-03-2013 11:41 PM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 Fiero Gt. It has a terrible exhaust leak because the exhaust manifold is cracked. It idles really rough and acts like it wants to die. It seems as if it should have more power taking off. Is this because of the bad bad leak. I am going to get it welded pretty soon but I am making sure this is the main cause of the rough idle. Thanks everyone!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dudewithoutfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dudewithoutfieroSend a Private Message to dudewithoutfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could cause some of it but when mine was cracked my car was running great but just ran really rich. i would say you probably have other issues also. how old are your spark plugs, cap, rotor and wires. if they are old i would change them as well.
trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will idle fine with big holes in it, likely you have other problems. But you do need to fix the exhaust, but it would be sad to do a lot of exhaust work only to have to pull the heads and grind the valves. Larry

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock