Started on: 07-03-2013 03:24 PM
Replies: 2 (98 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 07-03-2013 05:45 PM
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there any tricks to stopping this, I found the lower bolt missing replaced that and set belt, Ofcourse I forgot to install the new belt. so that's next.
but looking at the stock set up the alt pulley doesn't get much belt contact with pulley .
I have a new goodyear belt. and that should help..
but while I'm there I figured I'd ask.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

Is there any tricks to stopping this, I found the lower bolt missing replaced that and set belt, Ofcourse I forgot to install the new belt. so that's next.
but looking at the stock set up the alt pulley doesn't get much belt contact with pulley .
I have a new goodyear belt. and that should help..
but while I'm there I figured I'd ask.

This isn't an 84 is it? They have known issues with the harmonic balancer which apparently there is no known replacement for?

Some things you can do to improve the belt performance is to clean up the pulley itself. Make sure the pulley is completely true and not bent in any way (it can become bent even by sitting for several years). Also use a steel wire brush and heavy detergent (soft scrub, comet) on the inside of the pulley groves to clean them up. Do this to both the alternator and the crank pulley. This will ensure that there is no debris, rust, or grease that will cause the belt to slip. Also make sure you have the correct belt. Some of them are too narrow and don't seat well, and others aren't deep enough which reduce the overall surface contact on the pulley itself.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-03-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes 84. what issues with balancer.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock