Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Stock radio problems - Tuning - bad ground?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Stock radio problems - Tuning - bad ground? by msrservices
Started on: 07-03-2013 12:35 AM
Replies: 2 (409 views)
Last post by: 92wastheyear on 07-03-2013 10:43 AM
msrservices

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had an ongoing issue with my car, and I believe it happens to any radio installed in my car.

Some times the radio works fine with no problems. Tuning is fine. Reception is good.

The problem:

Tune to a known good local radio station. The station will tune in just fine and then for no reason it will sound like that seek or scan button was pressed, but the actual frequency number will not change on the display, yet you will hear is cycle through the other station, often ending in static.

Tonight the problem I was having was similar, yet a little different. Tonight everything below 97.9 fm worked as expected, while everything below 97.9 was stuck on the same station (no matter what station was tuned in.)

The wires are stock connections. I've tried other radios and have the same problem.

Would this be a ground problem?

It seems like when I want to try and troubleshoot the problem the radio works fine and it won't do it, but when I don't have time to deal with it, it's messing up.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
antenna problem , but never had that issue unless it was a bad tuner but do not believe that would be case if you have tried other radios..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

antenna problem , but never had that issue unless it was a bad tuner but do not believe that would be case if you have tried other radios..

Yeah ...gotta concur. If the problems follows you around regardless to what radio you use, then I would look at the antenna. Seems to me if you had a bad ground (that comes and goes) that you would see a different set of problems including losing the radio presets/clock settings periodically

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock