Dew wipes piss me off by chorcob
Started on: 07-02-2013 06:22 PM
Replies: 7 (543 views)
Last post by: infinitewill on 07-03-2013 07:25 PM
chorcob

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exactly as the title states

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've heard they can be a real be-atch, which is why I'm not doing mine until I get my car painted. Have you looked at this thread? Looks to be an awesome instruction on how to do them.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/070656.html
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NetCam

1490 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Looks like you posted in the thread above at the same time I was posting the link
chorcob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chorcobSend a Private Message to chorcobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
:Yeah I was using that thred to do it that way and could not get one screw out so now i have to wait like a week for rodneys tool.
I'm planning on getting the topsdown dew wipe cause it's cheap.

------------------
Unconditional Surrender

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought dew wipes for both sides. Replaced the driver's side, and decided the passenger side still looked fine.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear you! I did two Indy's dewipes in one day. The first set went on really easy. Center screw first the the rest and I used Rodney Dickman's dew wipe tool. That thing is invaluable!!! The second set was a PITA and took me twice as long as the first set. One set was Fiero Store and one set was DIY Stu's. Both were decent quality but Stu's was a bit better both in fit and quality.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took mine off for paint, never went back on !
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced my Phillips head screws with stainless steelhex head screws so I will never have to deal with a stripped head again. I have done 6 sets of dew wipes over the last 3 years, John Stricker's method is hands down the easiest.

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock