Charging question by raysr11
Started on: 07-01-2013 02:42 AM
Replies: 2 (114 views)
Last post by: raysr11 on 07-01-2013 06:41 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever since I got my Fiero, '85 notch, the volt meter would show about 13 v when running. When fan or lights turned on it will drop below 13 v. I've never had any dead battery issues or lack of electrical power for anything except the gauge. I just put a 100 amp alternator on it when I rebuilt my A/C. With the A/C turned on(the cooling fan also) there is a significant drop below 13 v. I've checked it myself and had it checked and it's always putting out 14+ v. Is this a gauge issue? My Sonoma p/u and my Blazer S10 don't show a dramatic drop like that when more voltage is required, they never go below 14.

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you've checked it at the battery and you have good voltage, I wouldn't worry about it. Looks like the gauge is off by a few volts. My 87 GT will drop below 12 when I run the AC but still doesn't drain the battery. Some of the reading error could be attributed to older and weaker connections throughout the charging circuit compared to a newer Sonoma or S10.
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking, as long as everything is working.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock