engine by marot
Started on: 07-01-2013 01:45 AM
Replies: 20 (443 views)
Last post by: marot on 07-05-2013 03:14 PM
marot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys, i am marot from the netherlands, i have a 3.4 engine ,if i start than its not working well in the first 3 minutes ,(open loop)
when my temp meter starts moving its working ok, i think tan its in closed loop , why its stumbling ,not well accelering ,holding back etc. in the open loop, will a heated o2 sensor help this problem, while its going sooner in closed loop,
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nobody?
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Obviously something wrong with it that the Computer is compensating for. Any Codes ? ses light ?
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum! The timing may be off...and the computer may be able to adjust for it.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Engine swaps can be tricky. Which injectors did you use? Tell us more about the swap.
crashyoung

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crashyoungSend a Private Message to crashyoungEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Is this a recent engine swap, or has it
been running well for a while then went bad?
Has it been sitting for a while and you got it
out to run?
Did you do any tune up adjustments?
Do you have any codes set?
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys thanks for reply, i bought it with this swap and replaced all sensors with new one, i have no egr,no canister, no airco,no cruisecontrol. no leaks too. its stumbles till its in closed loop, than its driving ok , its still idle hunting when warm but that only annoying
will a heated 02 sensor help when its sooner in closed loop
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
it was giving code 44, but after replacing the map sensor it gives no more ses lights
Ry86GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ry86GTSend a Private Message to Ry86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a "popping" when idling and found that the previous owner (among other things) had set the timing way too far advanced. It was impossible to tell when driving. Have you checked the timing?
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi guys thanks,the mechanic has do the timing , exactly as described , must the 3.4 timed different than 2.8?and could it hurt if i
turn the distributor by my self till i think its ok
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
it is set at 10 degrees
PFF
System Bot
KY87fierogt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KY87fierogtSend a Private Message to KY87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fuel pressure?
You said you replaced all sensors? Does this include CTS?
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Base timing of 10* with the A&B pins jumpered on the ALDL port is correct. The car MUST be in diagnostic mode to set timing (A&B jumpered).

Your issue could be the fuel injectors. Especially the hunting idle. Are you using the 15lbs stock Fiero injectors or the 17lbs injectors from the 3.4L engine? I suspect you have the 17lbs injectors with the hunting idle issue. When the car first starts does the exhaust smell rich? Does the exhaust look black? Have you pulled a spark plug and looked at it's color?
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi , yes including the cts, and i dont no which injectors i have , i will check that first, how can you see if its a 15 lb or 17, thanks
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
will the original 15 lb injectors run ok with 3.4 and stock ecm
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
yes its smells ,not only at starting, but all the time
Hudini

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 15lbs injectors will work but tend to run lean until the car goes into closed loop.

Can you pull a spark plug and see if it's black from being too rich? Which ECM are you running? Did you have the ECM tuned?

Do you have a means to datalog? WinALDL?
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes thats my problem it runs terrible till he go in closed loop ,may be i have still 15 lbs on it , if so will 17 lbs run good till he went in to closed looped, so i dont have to wait each morning after start till he went in closed looped, thats waiting till the water temp is rising , than
it rides better, (water temp rising means he is going in to closed looped) before its runs terrible ,stumbling, not responding well on the stoplights ,accellaration is not smooth, untill few minutes later when i see the watertemp is rising on the tempgauge than it start to run ok
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
i think its original stock ecm it looks old and looks like they never changhe it.and not tuned too, i have the original intake of 2.8 v6
with a alumunium pipe and a k&n open filter in the end
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
if its 15 lbs can an adjustable fuel pressure make it run better from starting,or replacing them with 17 lbs is the way to go?
marot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marotSend a Private Message to marotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

marot

25 posts
Member since Jun 2013
so i have read some post and i will describe it from the start , when i first start the engine in the morning, its starts immediatly, and idling 2500 for a while than its stalling to 1000 rpm or so, than its hunting idle like 1300 than back to 1000 and so on, than i drive the car and its stumbling and holding back etc. till my water temp is rising (closed loop) and from now the car is drivable , if i stop at the lights than its starts hunting idle usaely when my fan is kicking in , could i have a fuel pressure issue? maybe is my fuelpomp not ok? and somethimes its stumbles when i driving the car for a while too ,not always
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock