Started on: 06-03-2013 11:23 AM
Replies: 9 (548 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 11-15-2013 03:51 PM
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would this be too much? would it spool decient? or is the hotside too large for a 2.8?

just wondering, thinking bout giving the 2.8 little more pep, just a little tho, not much :P

opinions - GO!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I recall those things are huge. You might have trouble finding a spot to put it.
Can't offer any guidance on whether it is too large capacity or will spool too slowly though.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can pick up a K3 off a Volvo or T3 off a ford in the junkyard and those are sized well for a 2.8...
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There were guys back when I did my Ferrari kit that were putting GN 3.8 turbos in their Fieros. I considered it myself because that was one of the swaps of choice at the time. I ended up with a race/street 3.1 and DS1 turbo sys.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
only reason i was asking bout the GN turbo's is i have 2 of them :P
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'd probably need to 3.4 your car to make it worth it otherwise you may never spool it up until 3600+ rpm...
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

You'd probably need to 3.4 your car to make it worth it otherwise you may never spool it up until 3600+ rpm...

hrm... ok, yea, ill just save it for my 3500 then.. :P was debating on a GT35 for that, but kinda wana keep it budget minded.
Scott87GtTurbo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott87GtTurboSend a Private Message to Scott87GtTurboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever pursue this? I have a 2.8 with the original Miller Woods Stage II turbo setup (later became the Design 1 System if I'm not mistaken). I also have a 89 TTA ( GN motor for the most part) and a spare T3/T4 original turbo that I replaced with a Precision GT6776e on my TTA. The tiny IHI Turbo America turbo that the kit used on the Fiero spools so quickly that the motor out revs the turbo forcing you to short shift 1-2 & 2-3 at around 3500 to stay in boost during quick acceleration. My thoughts are to go with a bigger turbo to actually slow the spool down some to bring boost inline with the rpm of the engine. Not sure if the space is there or not since I haven't pulled the turbo to see if it will fit. I do know it will require a new 3-bolt flange and new down pipe...not really a big deal though. Just wondering as this is something I may pursue over the winter.

I noticed your Raven's avatar and Baltimore location...I'm up in Carroll Co Eldersburg area.

-Scott
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the K3 @8psi I had on a 3.1, I had boost from 1800 to 4500 rpm. It hit a wall at 4500 though...
A slightly larger turbo would have been perfect.
hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott87GtTurbo:

Did you ever pursue this? I have a 2.8 with the original Miller Woods Stage II turbo setup (later became the Design 1 System if I'm not mistaken). I also have a 89 TTA ( GN motor for the most part) and a spare T3/T4 original turbo that I replaced with a Precision GT6776e on my TTA. The tiny IHI Turbo America turbo that the kit used on the Fiero spools so quickly that the motor out revs the turbo forcing you to short shift 1-2 & 2-3 at around 3500 to stay in boost during quick acceleration. My thoughts are to go with a bigger turbo to actually slow the spool down some to bring boost inline with the rpm of the engine. Not sure if the space is there or not since I haven't pulled the turbo to see if it will fit. I do know it will require a new 3-bolt flange and new down pipe...not really a big deal though. Just wondering as this is something I may pursue over the winter.

I noticed your Raven's avatar and Baltimore location...I'm up in Carroll Co Eldersburg area.

-Scott

im on the east side of Baltimore county, no I never did this, I swapped in a 3500 LX9, bout to pull that from ym 86 and put into the 88 tho.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock