3800 vacuum line question by NightMare Cruiser
Started on: 05-16-2013 10:50 PM
Replies: 5 (929 views)
Last post by: mitchjl22 on 12-11-2013 10:05 PM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm reinstalling a 3800 sc engine in my car. I have a question about the vacuum lines.. coming off a nipple near the coolant fill is a vac. line going to a black cylander. does anything get hooked up to the other side of the black cylander? what gets hooked up to the nipple under the sc snout? i know one line goes to the fuel rail and another goes to rectangular box. where does the evap canistar get hooked up to?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "t" under the supercharger is for the MAP, fuel pressure regulator and the boost bypass solenoid. I believe the "rectangular box" you'e referring to is the MAP sensor. The evap connects to the 3 prong tree on top of the supercharger.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From under the snout - It goes to the Fuel Pressure Regulator, the MAP and to the BBV solenoid, if equipped.

The other end of the BBV solenoid goes to the bottom of the BBV actuator. Some cars delete the BBV solenoid and just run directly to the bottom of the BBV actuator. Some delete the BBV actuator all together.

A vacuum source that is located between the SC and the throttle body needs to run to the Power Brake Booster, the top of the BBV actuator if equipped, and to the Evap Purge Solenoid if equipped.

The other end of the Evap Purge Solenoid runs to the Purge port of the charcoal canister.
Fierotregg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to chime in and ask the same question for the NA 3800 swap, thanks.
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess since this thread is already vacuum related I could ask this dumb question: does it matter what orientation the MAP sensor is mounted? They always seem to be mounted the same on all cars. I would think it wouldn't matter and would be the same resistance no matter what?

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - (pending L67 swap: VS cam, GenV)
98 GTP - Some mods

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where does this go?

Do I hook the brake booster to the plugged hole on the TB just to the left of the fill point?

What about the tree on the top of the supercharger?

And since this is a series III, do I need to add a T into the vac line that supplies the BBV?

-Mitch

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock