trunk release wire harnes by kendallville
Started on: 03-30-2013 01:38 PM
Replies: 8 (551 views)
Last post by: Lurate on 10-06-2013 10:18 PM
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Installed my decklid release , some one had cut off the connector so installed a new one ( made one ), pluged
the other end into the connector by fire wall ( wirre was not in connector from decklid ) anyway used a butt
splice on the end of the wire to make a female connector that would fit in wire harnes connector.
pugged it in, and made sure the fuse was good . All wires connected , latch on , deck lid shut to get
ground . And push the button. NOTHING HAPPENS Check for voltage at latch and a ground with
voltmetter nothing, check connetor at fire wall nothing . I checked and at least I do have power at the fuse.
So where else do I need to check?
Forgot to check the switch DUH will check and post results

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 03-30-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have power at the switch , but not sure how to test the switch , there are four prongs and four wires .
I get power on three from the fuse box, not sure which ones on the switch to check for out going
when I press the button?
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The switch itself could be broken......not electrically, but physically. Unplug it from the harness and shake it......do you hear a rattle? If so the small plastic bit that engages the switch has broken off and you will need a new one. To verify this you can pop off the plastic outer cover with a small flat blade screwdriver.

Please disregard of you already checked this.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no rattle but I will check and clean it with contact cleaner.
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to Mrfiero and rereading some old posts , found the problem switch was broken in side.
I jumped the connector and still no go , relay did make sound but no go on the latch.
ran a wire from the battery and a ground proved the solenoid was good.
Ran just the ground wire and it worked , showed it was a ground problem at the latch.
No matter what I did could not get a ground, ended up running a ground wire to the solenoid.
Now once the switch is fixed a matter of glueing the insides, I will have a remote decklid release.
Thank you another project done

Lurate

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having bad luck with this. I know my switch is good and I know my solenoid is good since I am able to switch them out with my other 88 Fiero. All the fuses under the driver's side dash are good. If there is a relay to check, can someone tell me where it is and how to check it (I guess I could swap it out with my other Fiero if I know what I'm swapping)? I am getting no sound at all when I click the switch. Any ideas would be GRETLY appreciated.
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lurate

133 posts
Member since Apr 2006
Also the four wires to the switch are perplexing. Can anyone identify what each wire does (Orange/black, grey, black, grey/black)
NiotaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the emergency brake applied? If not it is not supposed to work.
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!! All these years and all these Fieros and I never knew that! Sure enough, it work like a charm once I put on the E-brake. Thanks NiotaFiero. Now I can't figure out how it has work with my other Fieros without activating the e-brake. I'm in the middle of an Amida interior installation and need to hook the trunk release to his three prong switch. Any wiring gurus know the secret?

Originally posted by NiotaFiero:

Do you have the emergency brake applied? If not it is not supposed to work.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock