Started on: 02-17-2013 05:47 PM
Replies: 11 (1030 views)
Last post by: theogre on 11-06-2014 12:29 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for tricks for checking the Duke Fuel Pressure. What / how did you check the FP? Thanks in advance.

Pat

P.S. Anyone have a suitable replacement fo the fuel line o rings?

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-17-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used an old set of R-12 AC gauges into the schrader valve. Worked great for all the vehicles I've had.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I rented a kit to test fuel pressure from AutoZone, it was a generic kit to check different cars. It has a special fitting, to use on the Duke. You remove the fuel line from the throttle body, screw the adapter in it's place, and screw the fuel line into the adapter. I had to loosen several clamps on the line to get enough slack in the line. Then connect the test guage to the adapter and turn on the ignition. It was fairly easy.
The Fiero Store has the proper O-ring.
Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ang84Indy

576 posts
Member since Jul 2009
The Duke doesn't have a Schrader valve, thus the need for an adapter.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

P.S. Anyone have a suitable replacement fo the fuel line o rings?

Dorman 800-013.

2 of each size, $5.xx through Amazon Prime.

[This message has been edited by KurtAKX (edited 02-17-2013).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this suggestion in the Ogre's Cave - thanks Ogre - I need to get in the habit of checking the Cave first! Not having any luck finding one locally (can order but none instock) but did find a few on E Bay. I like this better than the "in place of the fuel filter" style.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

Dorman 800-013.

2 of each size, $5.xx through Amazon Prime.

Found them at Advanced Auto here in Omaha - 3.09 for a set of 2 - 1 each size. Thanks for the info!
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be careful ordering the bass adaptor. They are often listed incorrectly on ebay and other places. I tried two different ones and they both came with the wrong size thread. They are usually for the V8 TBI fitting. The duke one is a different size.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 02-17-2013).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dodgerunner:

Be careful ordering the bass adaptor. They are often listed incorrectly on ebay and other places. I tried two different ones and they both came with the wrong size thread. They are usually for the V8 TBI fitting. The duke one is a different size.

Thanks for the heads up Dodge. Did a little more searching to day and could not find one locally. OTC makes one that goes in place of the Fuel Filter but they are 50 bucks and has to be ordered. I think I'll just cut the metal line and use the "universal" adapter that came in my pressure tester set.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check Amazon before you cut the fuel line.
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1083.0
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Check Amazon before you cut the fuel line.
http://gafieroclub.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1083.0
HTH,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Thanks Paul - I think the one I posted above is from Actron? I ordered it - will be here Friday.
PFF
System Bot
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

While can mount that in your pictures...
Is not made for that.
Goes to inlet side of filter. Many filter lines have enough play to take added fitting w/o bending etc. Most Only loosening or removing 1 - 2 line clips.
700 TBI (87+ duke) needs major work to use it on TBI intake.

87+ duke can maybe use that on line fitting next to battery. Rubber line should allow it to fit w/o cutting/bending but I don't know.

Is not made to be run full time. Be careful for leaks after running doing that.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock