rear hubs by PAKMAN8
Started on: 01-20-2013 01:44 PM
Replies: 7 (345 views)
Last post by: jb1 on 07-16-2013 03:39 AM
PAKMAN8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAKMAN8Send a Private Message to PAKMAN8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recently,I purchased a pair of rear drive hub assemblies for my 85 GT.(from an EBAY vendor)They were advertised as NATIONAL brand,so I thought thats good quality stuff.After driving 100 miles or so the right rear hub broke off at freeway speed.After a close examination of the hub.MADE IN CHINA was stamped into the backside of the hub where it could not be seen until the hub broke in half.I'm posting this so no one else has to go through this.My car had minimal damage.I was (AM) very fortunate.I am not necessarily opposed to buying foreign made parts but if I could have seen the MADE IN CHINA stamp I certainly would not have installed them.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's interesting because many of us just bought closeout National brand hubs from Rock Auto that were supposed to be American made.

Was the number on the hub 513011? If so, they're the same we got from Rock Auto.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 01-20-2013).]

pcar

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pcarSend a Private Message to pcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you post a pic of the hub? I would like to see where it says made in China.
PAKMAN8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PAKMAN8Send a Private Message to PAKMAN8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure how to post pics yet,but the box says saginaw industries on it.# B-91,interchanges with BCA # 513011-K,Delco #20-5K.And MADE IN CHINA is stamped in the backside of the hub.It would be hard to see with the hub assembly intact.It will be inbetween the outer face of the bearing carrier and the hub(the side of the hub away from the wheel mounting flange.The ebayer advertised them as NATIONAL,but clearly they are not.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1. You brought parts from eBay is your first mistake. EBay is full of counterfeit auto-parts etc.
2. EBay parts means the rest of your post is a little and the name on the box and/or the part doesn't mean much either because eBay is full of counterfeit auto-parts.

Your real lesson is Never buy critical parts from eBay vendors.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This made me wonder about what we got from Rock Auto so I pulled mine out and inspected them well. No MADE IN ANYWHERE markings on them.
ennored

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ennoredSend a Private Message to ennoredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto shows they have Moog/National and Timken hubs right now. Probably gotta buy one to see what shows up on my porch? Anyone bought one in the last few months?
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought the timken from Rock Auto.. I started to buy cheaper ones but figured my it was not a risk I was willing to take...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock