Mitch Lambert's Behind the Seat Sub Box by mitchjl22
Started on: 01-17-2013 12:56 AM
Replies: 13 (2481 views)
Last post by: deezil on 10-03-2015 12:32 PM
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I built one of these boxes with my dad for my Fiero from scratch. He basically looked at the space it was going in, and what I wanted and produced this wonderful product, with my help of course. I've had lots of inquiries about this box on YouTube and Facebook, so I thought starting its own thread would be the easiest way to proceed. I made a "Spec Sheet" showing the outside box dimensions. Here is what I came up with:

Specs:
  • Mounting Depth of 8"
  • 1.36cubic feet of internal air volume
  • Good Legroom

Could mount any of the following:

• 2-3 - 8" Subs (Sealed/Ported)
  • 1 - 10" (Ported)
  • 2 - 10" Subs (Sealed)
  • 1 - 12" Sub (Sealed/Ported)
  • 1 - 15" Sub (Shown Below)

Relief for driver and Cooling (It is Sealed)

Carpeted to match the Ozzite on Rear

DONE!

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 10-03-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Song in Video Has Profanity NSFW

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 40 year old azz has sat in this car. It liquidizes the whites of your eyes.
DaytonTD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good, I have a similar looking box, two 12" subs with a amp mounting towards the floor on each side. If you buy low profile subwoofers you can shrink the box further both in volume and in thickness. It is important to remember to leave a gap between the back of the subwoofers magnet and mdf so air can flow around it easier. I see you cut the back out, in all honesty I can't say if that is another way to do it, but if it works then I'm sure it's fine!
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2013 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope someone can find this useful. What i really wanted to show and forgot to mention, is this is the widest and thickest you can possible make this box. It fits behind the passenger seat with it reclined back 3 notches from all forward and it pushed all the way forward on the tracks an locked in.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2013 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump because I can't stop thinking ot having this box in my GT.

Would buy a second Type R and blow the windows out.

------------------

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the passenger seat lay back at all?
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it does recline quite a bit. It goes back and isn't super uncomfortable or anything

Edit: ill post pics later

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 07-16-2013).]

blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope you did not port the box it is more linear with it sealed look at the comparison they are laid over the top of each other in this pick the sealed starts out about 125 db's on this scale and the one running from 0 on a slant up is the ported and they are similar to each other.. the recommended port for it is for that sub is a 3 inch by 9.8 inch long port any ways see photo's this was done on true audio's win speakers/ you can go to linear team .org and down load win isd pro for free i have not done it i herd some were it mite have a virus. but not sure??? i enedd out with win speaker for $40 at partsexpress.com here that photo. of the punch stage one in a 1.36 cuft box sealed and ported i would just keep it sealed any ways best of luck with it.

mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is sealed. I tried porting it and it was terrible. I used a port calculator and everything. It sounds much better sealed.
blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mitchjl22:

It is sealed. I tried porting it and it was terrible. I used a port calculator and everything. It sounds much better sealed.

what size port did you use? i used a 3 inch to model it by 9.8 inch in a 1.36 on that screen shot. like i was saying if the box was about 8 cubes it would sound better tuned to about 30 hertz but would like seeing it fit in a fiero going a small ported was smart most of all with that sub it has the same out put in the same box for ported and sealed being 1.36 cubes each. i think the sealed will sound better for that sub. any ways you got a port calculator if not they got one on linearteam.org or you can get one at partsexpress.com for $40 i think linear team port has viruses to it and i did not want them again.... have not had a problem since i stopped using it.
PFF
System Bot
mitchjl22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2013 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blacknotchback: i can't remember the port size not that i think about it. Nice program by the way. it looks very useful.

[This message has been edited by mitchjl22 (edited 07-16-2013).]

blacknotchback86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blacknotchback86Send a Private Message to blacknotchback86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice

[This message has been edited by blacknotchback86 (edited 07-18-2013).]

deezil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey can you re up load the box diamensions again ? the pics are expired showing the cut lengths.
Thank you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock