Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Audi A8 My Fiero (Page 46)

Printable Version

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Audi A8 My Fiero by engine man
Started on: 06-10-2012 12:09 PM
Replies: 2041 (93763 views)
Last post by: engine man on 08-27-2019 09:51 AM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks onesexyfiero but i have decided to go with a GT body and do a chop top and use the JDM new school flares as i just dont want to work that hard on fitment and after all it is a fiero not a Ferrari and the chop top fiero looks great
IP: Logged
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just for fun. Spent some time with the low res one. Put the fastback clip on, then just had some fun:

[This message has been edited by onesexyfiero (edited 11-04-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that looks great now i am rethinking is that chop toped or not

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-04-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
onesexyfiero PM me your email and i will send you some pictures of the car to photo shop for me as now i am realy intrested in making that car as it realy looks great
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No chop. Stock roofline.

You can click on the "email" button above any of my posts.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok sending pictures thanks
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got them. Let me know what you want to see.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like what you did with the back can you do that car with a chop top because i have been dreaming all day now of how good that looks and am wondering how it would look chop top and i am going to build that car i dont know how yet but i will figure out how to make it look that way just a matter of chop the top or not and give the front end a spoiler thanks you sure you dont want any thing
i almost forgot i want to see these quarter window scoops on it to to see what they will lok like

i will try to find a picture of them on a car

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-04-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's one with the scoop panels:

And as a choptop:

What sort of spoiler are you thinking for the front?
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a chin spoiler
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a while since I played with Gimp. Sorry, I'm a bit rusty...

Played a little more.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-04-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats allright onesexyfiero has it covered and so far i love the stuff he has done
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Messed with the bumper a bit too. TBD, I really don't care for the Munson bumper. Here's one with a black spoiler:

And a body colored one:

And since I was borrowing from Amida's 512 bumper, here's the full bumper:

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i like the second one and you have given me a vision of what i want
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2018 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Let me know if you want to see anything else. I can talk you through the stuff i did as well. Some of it is pretty obvious, but lots of little tweeks as well.
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me give you a rundown of what I did:

-Standard (3" I think?) choptop.
-Lowered.
-Set rear wheels our further to align with the fender.
-Bigger wheels (I assume you wouldn't actually change wheels, but just making it look good in Photoshop).
-2010+ Camaro side marker lights front and back.
-Sharpened up the corners of the 1/4 panel scoop, and sloped it back at an angle.
-Changed the angle of the bottom of the scoop at the door to slope down instead of going straight.
-Added a tapered shape to the front bumper to pick up that sloping body line.
-Body color fender aero trim and rocker.
-Straightened the body line at the top of the door, rather than the curve that's there now.
-Audi S4 rear diffuser. I brought the whole rear bumper down straight rather than slope in like it does right now in order for this to fit. I'd have to look at in person to see if you'd be better off using part of another bumper, or just shaping it yourself. It roughly follows the shape of a stock aero bumper.
-Added a gloss black, contoured panel between the tail lights to make that read as a single panel. The idea is it would match the contour of your lights. Put a metal pegasus badge in there.
-Brought the body up tight to the tails. Without seeing your lights in person, its hard to see how exactly it would work, but the idea was to stick with your current lights, but really fit the body to them nicely so they look like they belong.
-Ferrari F355 style lip on the rear of decklid. This would be a black painted area above the lights that lets the decklid overhang as a lip spoiler. It lets you make a contoured body line at the sides without needing different tail lights. Like a 355, you could put your badge(s) there as well. I was thinking of some sort of creative play on Audi and Fiero, like the Fiero lettering over the S-line graphic that I showed, or some combination of the Audi rings and Fiero logo. A fine point I know; That's just how my brain works.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense. Some of the things are subtle, and it would of course be up to you if worth doing. It's very easy for me to fudge body lines in Photoshop, but I know full well how much work it can be to do the body work.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2018 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can see i need to make the lights fit better along with make the rear of the car end with the lights so about 2 to 3 inches need to be cut off along with making a center panell out of acrylic
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2018 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
something i need to know are side windows made from acrylic still avalible for choptops or will i need to make them myself
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2018 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well this week not much going on in the shop so i will see what i can get done on the car i would like to get the body off and get the top cut as i have looked at how Archie said to do it as i did one once when in FL but i will say it was not done the way it should have been done + i hade a flux core 110v welder no gas now that i have learend much more about it i will do a much better job
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post11-11-2018 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you share where it's described about how to do it?
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you just need to do fiero chop top search and you will find many threads on it and Archie describes but not in really great detail in a video he did but good enough to get the idea of how to do it and i will say i wished i had done the car in FL like he said it should be done as far as the space frame is concerned the body work is fit sand smooth over and over until you get it smooth and blended in right and that takes along time for someone who is not a pro at bodywork but if you take your time you can do a nice job
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
the rear body is all off
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2018 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5298 posts
Member since Mar 2006
cut and played with rear body

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2018 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm kinda like that 2 tone effect with the black
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2018 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow thought i was going to work on this but it has been crazy in the shop oh well as they say you make hay when the sun is shining

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-14-2018).]

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Already looking better with the fastback clip. With no sail panels, kind of reminds me of a Maserati Merak.
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2018 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks onesexyfiero today i went and put the skins back on that GT rear clip as i had cut them off but i din't stay at the shop long as customers where trying to get me to work on my day off even with the door locked they try to get you to let them in . onesexyfiero can you 2 tone my paint with black and the red thats on the car now and 2 tone it like the Haus of Guru
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like this?

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes sir that is what i am looking for and i think it looks great thanks ! today i took the dash out i still need to take the windshield out and rear window ,front roof section and both doors then i need to tack weld in some spreder bars in the door area so when i cut it it stays put
88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Engineman, nice work sir. Kudos to you. Could you please tell me the specs and make of the rims on the orange and black GT in the photo?
I need a set of those wheels! Thank you.
PFF
System Bot
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car is Haus of Guru i am not sure what he used maybe some one can tell you what they are and thanks . my car is what you get when a Testarossa & a Fiero have a baby and it ends up as a Fierossa

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-18-2018).]

88Fingers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FingersSend a Private Message to 88FingersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Engineman, Fierossa eh? In Italian I think that means Fierce Red Machine with Black trim....Oh Yeah baby!! I loved your video BTW, that gear change looks so solid, must feel great!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2018 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes i think that is the right Italian definition of it and yes it shifts nice
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2018 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy Thanksgiving it is a great time to spend time with Family and Friends i hope every one has a great day i know i will i made a Apple pie and am cooking the turkey for the first time that will be intresting
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2018 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok today i worked on the car a bit and was able to get the front roof section off and tomorrow i will try to get the windshield out and front fenders off and the hood off

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2018 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok windshield is out and back window is out and i din't even break them that is something new for me now i need to get the doors off and weld in some bars and figure out where to make my cuts

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2018 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok doors are off and i have welded in some dore spreader bars so when i cut the top it wont move i still need to pull the hood and front end and clean all the black adheasive up then i can cut and weld

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-27-2018).]

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2018 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well today we did some cutting and i expect to have it welded back together by the end of the weekend
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2018 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok the weekend is here and it is time to get to work on finishishing the metal work on chopping the top

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 11-30-2018).]

This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 52 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock