Runs rough when cold by Super Duty Critter
Started on: 06-07-2012 09:57 AM
Replies: 85 (3304 views)
Last post by: 2kewlgypsy on 04-07-2014 01:40 PM
Super Duty Critter

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MAT sensor has already been replaced and the new one verified via the WinALDL logs. But I appreciate the ideas. Keep them coming.
IP: Logged
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When you pull your injectors, you may want to try using GM's Top End cleaner on the injectors. I've used it on motorcycle carb jets and such and it works fantastic. It stinks like all hell so do it outside. The trick with this stuff is you heat it up with a torch in say, an iron ladle with the part (or part of the part) in it until it starts to a boil at which point you will see the gas/etc tarnish just float from the part part. Brown carb jets come out looking like shinny gold.

Oh yeah, the stuff is flammable so be ready with something cover the ladle now and then to put the flames out. Even so, it's works so darn good it's worth putting up with the flames an stink. One other issue, the stuff is about $10 a can, which is little steep but you can reuse for like forever.
Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did bite the bullet and pull the fuel injectors today. Yuck!

Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've only run around the block a few time but the six new injectors and replacing all the plastic vacuum lines with Rodney Dickman stainless steel seems to have done the trick.
Super Duty Critter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Super Duty CritterClick Here to visit Super Duty Critter's HomePageSend a Private Message to Super Duty CritterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Super Duty Critter

527 posts
Member since Aug 2009
After a longer drive to the gas station and back I'm convinced this one is in the win column. I want to thank all of you for all the suggestions and help.
2kewlgypsy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2kewlgypsySend a Private Message to 2kewlgypsyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know its been sometime since this post was made, I just wanted to say thanks for the help, and updates. I am also getting a 86 back on the road that's been sitting for two years, and is idling funny when cold. I'll start with the injectors and work backwards!
Thanks again for all the detail,
Dave
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay