Started on: 04-21-2011 11:48 AM
Replies: 12 (732 views)
Last post by: darbysan on 03-03-2015 06:53 PM
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need software I can run with a laptop to get basic trouble code and sensor information out of the 92 Deville ECM connected to the Fiero ALDL port.
I have the ALDL usb cable from ALDLCable.com and it works with my '7730 swap just fine using Tuner Pro RT.

I need basic code scanning and sensor read outs.

Thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I never found any software that would do this.
I ended up buying an AutoXray. Needed something to scan my OBD2 stuff, anyway.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tunercat has the definition file for that .bin... I thought WinALDL had the datastream also...
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't WinALDL limited to 160 baud ECMs?
If not, where can I get a bin?
NJD85GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NJD85GTSend a Private Message to NJD85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WinALDL is 160 baud only. I know you said it doesn't work for you but TunerPro RT works great for me when datalogging. Weird...

Nate

------------------
1985 GT 2.8 MT
1988 GT 4.9 AT

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tunerpro RT

http://www.tunerpro.net/dow...rProRT_v500_7774.exe

I have put the ADX file online for a while here (16132240 91-93 Cadillac 4.9 L26 8192 v3.adx)

http://docs.google.com/open...MjAtODIyZDlkMWRiOTQ1

No I didn't make the definition file. I just downloaded it from somewhere but I don't remember anymore.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-16-2011).]

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NJD85GT:

WinALDL is 160 baud only. I know you said it doesn't work for you but TunerPro RT works great for me when datalogging. Weird...

Nate

What cable did you use?
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same one that I use on a 7730.

btw, I am working on making these to sell but it will be a bit before they are ready.

My plan is to use a direct USB to TTL 5v and then to the ALDL connector

I am also looking at doing it via a bluetooth to directly to TTL connector

Using the USB direct makes it less complicated than a USB to RS232 to something that should interface to the ALDL

---

Either way you need to go to Control Panel - System - Hardware - and then look at what your COM port is, and then set Tunerpro RT to that port. That port might move if you use an USB connector and move it to a different USB port of your laptop.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 11-16-2011).]

NJD85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NJD85GTSend a Private Message to NJD85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

What cable did you use?

I used the cable from Tunercat.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, now I need the .xdf file so I can play with the settings myself. Mostly I want to get rid of the 4800 rev limiter...
Also, if anyone has any disassembly info, I may be able to have someone edit out the PWPS input...
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you ever get the XDF file for the Cadillac ECM? I'm trying to find one, and no luck so far.

------------------
'87 GT in process!

PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The XDF was out there for a short while but then it was found out that it was reverse engineered from a paid site and pretty much everyone deleted it.

The pay site that allows you to examine/alter your 4.9's PROM is TunerCat.

You will need the base TunerCat OBD1 program - http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/tnr_desc.html'

Plus the definition for the 4.9 version you have - http://www.tunercat.com/tnr...cm_sup.html#cadillac

Note - you do have to pay for both, the base tuning program and also for the optional 4.9 definition that works with your prom.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 03-03-2015).]

darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I was hoping something was available for TunerPro, since I already have it and kinda know how to get around in it. Still deciding on what, if any, engine swap I might do. I like to look at the BIN files to see what is available to change. Haven't made the jump to OBDII yet- cost is prohibitive for me if only doing one install, and getting too old to think I might have more left in me!!!

------------------
'87 GT in process!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock