Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Indestructable 3800 Dogbone design! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Indestructable 3800 Dogbone design! by Fiero Master
Started on: 02-22-2011 11:33 PM
Replies: 47 (4204 views)
Last post by: dthami22 on 06-22-2015 10:06 PM
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't trust that design. Even with two reinforcement plates, it will still mess up the trunk wall with enough power.
IP: Logged
John316

Feedback score:    (51)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John316Send a Private Message to John316Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The trunk wall just needs reinforced and the product works great. That is if you add a lot of power to the car.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I wouldn't trust that design. Even with two reinforcement plates, it will still mess up the trunk wall with enough power.

I agree, I was planning a similar dog bone, but I was going to re-enforce it better, but then I'd add a tone of weight!

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 05-08-2012).]

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NightMare Cruiser

2034 posts
Member since Aug 2009
I looked on WCF site and didn't see theirs listed.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very Tempting!! Bump!!
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good job on the fabrication. Your dogbone setup looks nice. I have a second dogbone installed in that exact same location but I also have one in the stock location. The trunk wall is under tremendous stress with a dogbone in that area. If you could locate the bracket at the end near the strut that would be better but if you reinforce it better be strong so the trunk wall doesn't bend in.
How do you intend to reinforce the trunk?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

dthami22

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dthami22Send a Private Message to dthami22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i need the left side(driver side) dog bone and brackets for the 3800. thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock