Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  11-1/4" LeBaron brake upgrade guide (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
11-1/4" LeBaron brake upgrade guide by pmbrunelle
Started on: 05-29-2010 03:59 AM
Replies: 43 (12326 views)
Last post by: Will on 05-10-2021 02:14 PM
pmbrunelle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pmbrunelleSend a Private Message to pmbrunelleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're welcome, actually I made this for my personal reference as well!

Some of the rear caliper brackets weren't rotated down Kohburn-style, so they don't have rear pad interference.
IP: Logged
Daryl M

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daryl MSend a Private Message to Daryl MEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

The subaru rotor looks nice, but the limited factor may just be the rotor hat. I will have to look into this....

Also Wilwood makes many different calipers of different bore sizes to replace the GM Metric Caliper.
http://www.wilwood.com/Cali...ofpist=&mtspec=5.46" Floating Mount&pistarea=

There is a guy here that runs Subaru 13" brakes on his weekend racecar and swears that they are the best and easiest upgrade.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any more info on this upgrade?

Originally posted by Daryl M:

There is a guy here that runs Subaru 13" brakes on his weekend racecar and swears that they are the best and easiest upgrade.

Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

I've been seriously considering using these rotors:

as opposed to the lebaron rotors:

The size difference isn't much, The lebaron rotors are 11.27" and the Subaru Forester rotors are 11.56" The offset on the rotor is a bit deeper, don't know if thats ok till it's tried. They weigh the same, but the Forester rotors are thicker. I found that the Cadillac calipers, with the pistons completely retracted, and with new pads measure 1.2" between the friction surfaces, but they can only be used practically to about 1" thick. The Lebaron rotors are only .870 thick, and the Forester rotors are .945" thick, so there is a slight advantage there. The snout on the Fiero's bearing is the same size as the both of the rotors too. They look like a perfect fit. They vent from the inside, as opposed to the lebaron rotors venting from the outside. If these rotors work, it's a nice alternative, but it might rule out factory 15" wheels, as it would push the calipers out .129" and that might be the point of scraping the wheel... or maybe not?

They are more money but they are somewhat a better rotor. I just wonder if they would fit over the hub's hat OD. These look a bit small in that dimension.

Anyone want to test these?

What's the rotor application again?

There are also BMW rotors that *should* work... They have a 5x120 bolt circle, so should work for those swapping to 5x4.75" lug circles.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited 05-15-2021).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock