Mod I deas by concorde01
Started on: 07-31-2014 10:56 PM
Replies: 16 (453 views)
Last post by: concorde01 on 08-02-2014 12:40 PM
concorde01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I am picking up a 84 2m4 Sunday. I plan on doing a 3.4 with a carb for the engine. Is there a 6spd that I can put in with it car is a manual.

Bye this will be a growing tread to cover every thing I want to do to this car
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
White 84 SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for White 84 SESend a Private Message to White 84 SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
85ish Pontiac Firebird wheels. They are wider and fit just fine and are period savy, plus will give better acceleration with the extra power your gonna put with it.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F40 6 speed manual transmission
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok is there any write up from someone doing a 93-95 camaro/forebode 3.4 with a f40
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by concorde01:

Ok is there any write up from someone doing a 93-95 camaro/forebode 3.4 with a f40

Not really, because the F40 is not a bolt-in solution. It will cost 10x as much as the engine swap, just to swap the trans in. The F40 master swap kit from Archie (that includes pretty much everything you need to make the F40 work), is $3500.

You'd be better off just getting an 86-87 cradle with the Getrag 5 speed bolted on it, and using that. Any 6 speed swap is going to be $$$ or lots of time and fab work, if you've got the time and skills to do it.
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White 84 SE:

85ish Pontiac Firebird wheels. They are wider and fit just fine and are period savy, plus will give better acceleration with the extra power your gonna put with it.

Huh? Firebird wheels do NOT fit
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok we'll that idea is out then. Is the any way to turbo a 3.4? I will be using a 2.8 edelbrock intake
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2014 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by concorde01:

Ok we'll that idea is out then. Is the any way to turbo a 3.4? I will be using a 2.8 edelbrock intake

You can turbo any internal combustion engine. I don't know if any kits specifically for the 60 degree V6 in a Fiero are available, but with a turbo, some stainless pipe, a welder, and some time and skill, it should be pretty easy to get a turbo installed. And if you swap to the 7730 ECM and add the knock sensor and switch to DIS, can be tuned pretty well, too.
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There won't be a ECM for the motor all old fashion reliable stuff only. Even dash and gauges will be replaced with custom aftermarket parts
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

concorde01

134 posts
Member since Jul 2014
Also I don't know what size turbo I would want I am only want to do around 6-8psi
White 84 SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White 84 SESend a Private Message to White 84 SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Huh? Firebird wheels do NOT fit

Well why the check not?!

------------------
84 Duke, Holley TBI, Manual Trans 4.10, CompuCam, White

PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-01-2014 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well why the check not?!

Uhm. Because they're a different bolt circle.
White 84 SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2014 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for White 84 SESend a Private Message to White 84 SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would have been nice looking. Worth changing wheel base bolt pattern. Would this be an issue. I mean we're talking modifications not just changing a tire....
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2014 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That would have been nice looking. Worth changing wheel base bolt pattern. Would this be an issue. I mean we're talking modifications not just changing a tire....

Sure. If you've got the time/money/skills anything can be done on the car.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85ish Pontiac Firebird wheels. They are wider and fit just fine

Originally posted by dobey:

Sure. If you've got the time/money/skills anything can be done on the car.

Agreed. But SO much simpler to get wheels that FIT to start with.
Wheels that do: //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-075864.html

I thought the Firebird/Camaro wheels idea had been put to bed years ago.
I guess some people don't read up or just "remember wrong".

Firebird/Camaro wheels won't bolt on because the bolt circle is different.
Even if it did, the wheel offset is all wrong - like this example of RWD wheels on FWD car (Fiero wheels are FWD offset)

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-04-2014).]

concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so anyway....I already found my intake. For 60 plus shipin. Now I am looking for a set of fi-air-o scoops. Any one know of a set? Can't afford the 400 for a new set
concorde01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for concorde01Send a Private Message to concorde01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

concorde01

134 posts
Member since Jul 2014
Sorry not to worried about wheels yet and I will buy new ones

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay