Started on: 07-24-2014 05:35 PM
Replies: 3 (126 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 07-25-2014 08:39 AM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
.Picked up a Formula with the 5 speed. First picked it up it was going into 5th with no issues but got to where it did not wanna go into 5th at the end of the trip home. Tried adjusting shift cable but nothing changed then the next day the clutch grenades itself. Replaced clutch along with master/slave cylinder. 1-4th gear shifts great as it should but still cant get into 5th at highway speeds but can sometimes a very low speeds. Adjusted shift cable a few time but still the same and then swapped cable out with another used cable I had but same issue. If I select 5th even with car off it will not go into gear but I can get out, remove csble at trans lever and push lever a little and get 5th. What is ur thoughts on that? Also the shifter itself has slots in it..Is there a certain postion it needs to be in?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe the bracket that holds the select cable is bent out of shape?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Maybe the bracket that holds the select cable is bent out of shape?

Maybe...I have only been messing with he shift cable but maybe time to start looking at the select side of this process...Going to swap in a borrowed NOS shift cable to insure its not a cable issue. Then go from there...Might be ordering some rebuild parts from u asoon for the shifter.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2014 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took both cables loose at the trans and discovered that the issue is the select rod. Its not coming up high enough to allow the trans into 5th. Even using a pry bar under the shift rod it still would not engage 5th. So those that know about the Getrag..What do u thinkmis the issue. Car had 5th coming home from the trip tobuy it but stop engaging torward thr end of the trip.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock