Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  CSR pump failed, can't find replacement motor.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
CSR pump failed, can't find replacement motor. by 5.7Fiero
Started on: 07-23-2014 12:41 AM
Replies: 3 (611 views)
Last post by: fieroguru on 07-23-2014 09:21 PM
5.7Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.7FieroSend a Private Message to 5.7FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 350 Fiero that toasted its csr electric water pump. I ordered one from Jeg's and now they and CSR are both out of stock on the replacement electric motors. Is the next option a Meziere? If it was an electrical issue I would have it rebuilt but coolant got in the pump motor.

Thanks,
Chase
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CSR can rebuild the motor.
I called them last month and they were expecting a new shipment of motors later in July.
5.7Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.7FieroSend a Private Message to 5.7FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They rebuild them? Sweet, I'll have to give them a call. I'm guessing that their shipment fell through because they told Jeg's on the 22nd that they didn't know when they would get them back in stock.

Thanks for the info,
Chase
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They can rebuild them for $25 + parts + return shipping. I asked if there was an upper limit on the repair because I didn't want to spend $500 to repair a $300 pump. She said I could send it to them, pay the $25 and get an estimate for the rebuild.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock