Body Panel Rivets by BZAnathema
Started on: 07-10-2014 01:22 AM
Replies: 4 (441 views)
Last post by: Formula88 on 07-10-2014 12:11 PM
BZAnathema

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BZAnathemaSend a Private Message to BZAnathemaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I pulled my rear fascia off to find that a staggering proportion of the little pop-in rivets that hold the fascia to the mounts are broken. Anyone have any suggestions for replacing them/strategically eliminating some of them?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're referring to the black plastic fasteners that run across the bottom of the fascia and across the top, underneath the tail lights, try this site on page 2, ninth item down. I don't have one to compare sizes, but I think it's listed there. http://www.clipsandfastener...d_Fasteners_s/64.htm

They are common GM items, so you might be able to get some at your local GM dealer body shop or automotive paint and body shop.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lowes usually has a selection of these push rivets
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just found one in my parts shelf. It has a 1 inch head and a 3/4 inch shank, so the one I indicted should work. Fastenal may, and I say MAY, have them. I personally haven't found my local branch to have much of anything.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2014 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store carries a selection of rivets and tools if you can't find them locally.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock