Emulation Tuning by Winfield1990
Started on: 07-02-2014 09:36 PM
Replies: 7 (162 views)
Last post by: Winfield1990 on 07-03-2014 12:58 AM
Winfield1990

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Winfield1990Send a Private Message to Winfield1990Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.moates.net/gm-19851995-c-64.html

So being that I need to richen up my A/F ratio, I figured I would look into doing it myself. My question is however our O2 sensor is narrow band, So doing an accurate tune isn't really possible is it, just tune and drive till i'm happy?

But what all would I need. Can I just get the Ostrich 2.0 emulator? or the aldu1 and cabl1 cable with the extremealdl box? I've read about a few free software choices to do it all and that although not mentioned the stuff from the links come with its own software.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know what parts your looking to purchase, I have everything needed to scan, burn and tune practically brand new from moates. I went a new route and no longer need.
Winfield1990

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Winfield1990Send a Private Message to Winfield1990Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you have the ostrich 2.0 , the aldlextreme setup? the more I read about tuning the more complicated it sounds.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Winfield1990:

<snip>

So being that I need to richen up my A/F ratio,

<snip>

Can I ask why you need to enrich the A/F ratio from the stock setting?
Winfield1990

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Winfield1990Send a Private Message to Winfield1990Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a dual throttle body intake , ported lower and middle , some other things going on but stock internals... and it pulled really hard and I started noticing stalling issues and took shotgun approach replaced 2 of the last few remaining sensors that were old. The coolant temp and the oxygen sensor , after doing so I noticed my problem with the intermittent stalling was actually a broken clip on the ignition coil connector. So everything is fixed now....

But after replacing the sensors the performance is noticeably down leading me to believe that it is running leaner.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I have those items. Even if you don't tune yourself it makes it much easier for someone else to tune it for you. I used Sinister, I was able to email him the data and he would email me the adjusted tune that I could burn to the chip and have running in the car in 2 minutes. It also allows you to make adjustments thru your laptop while driving.
Hudini

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HudiniSend a Private Message to HudiniEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can always use WinALDL to see what your fuel trims are doing. Even with the narrow-band O2 sensor your fuel trims will be adjusted higher if your car is always running lean. I believe the fuel trims only affect closed loop though. You can always try an adjustable fuel pressure regulator too. It's the brute force method but it would help to diagnose the issue before spending alot of cash. A penny placed above the spring inside the FPR housing can be a free test. The penny shortens the spring which adds more pressure to the diaphragm.
Winfield1990

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Winfield1990Send a Private Message to Winfield1990Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just found another post talking about the penny trick and decided thats what im going to try out first. Except for instead of a penny i'm going to use washers due to copper and aluminum. I'll experiment with 1 and 2 or just a thicker washer and see which I like better and im pretty confident it will get me where I want to be.

[This message has been edited by Winfield1990 (edited 07-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock