number 1 cyl not fireing by captkvin
Started on: 07-02-2014 10:41 AM
Replies: 7 (104 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 07-02-2014 10:10 PM
captkvin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captkvinSend a Private Message to captkvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i just rebuilt the 2.8 theres 150 lbs compression and i have plenty of fire but the #1 cyl is not fireing i changed the plug thinking it was fouled because there was oil on it ive already pulled the head off thinking it had oil pumping but cyl and piston look good could it have a injector not working i would appreciate some advice thank you
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when it idles on 5 cylinders, shoot some starting fluid into the throttle body. If the engine smooths out, you know you have a fuel delivery problem. If nothing changes, you have a spark problem...possibly a grounded spark plug wire or bad dist. cap.
captkvin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captkvinSend a Private Message to captkvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it has multiport fuel injection could that cyl not geting fuel
captkvin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for captkvinSend a Private Message to captkvinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

captkvin

4 posts
Member since May 2014
[i have ck it for spark,changed the cap rotor spark plug checked when turning over the motor with key on good spark 150 lbs compression i just did crankshaft, main bearings, rod bearings, rings, cam bearings, cam, lifters machine shop rebuilt heads ,oil pump,timing chain and gears, i put everything together as i have 20 to 30 motors ive built, but that does not mean i know everthing or i wouldnt be have this problem now what im thinking the injector is pluged and no fuel is even going to the #1 cyl it has 13.8 ohms resitance can i lift the fuel rail /injectors up turning on the engine/crank over motor and see the fuel squirting out of the injector somebody said switch injectors then see if that worked but thats taking it apart 2times maybe thanks
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It could be simply that the injector connect is not fully seated. Reseat it and make sure to feel a good click when you do.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most people find they communicate much better when they use sentences. A sentence stats with a capital letter and ends with a period.
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Most people find they communicate much better when they use sentences. A sentence stats with a capital letter and ends with a period.

+1

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+2

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock