84' Fiero shifter cable failed by Kitten Tooth
Started on: 06-29-2014 03:05 AM
Replies: 0 (84 views)
Last post by: Kitten Tooth on 06-29-2014 03:05 AM
Kitten Tooth

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kitten ToothSend a Private Message to Kitten ToothEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well actually there might be something wrong with the subject title.. im not sure which is the shifter cable and which is the selector as there are 2 cables. The upper cable is the one that failed. By "fail" i mean the plastic cable end keeps on popping off of the little steel ball bolted to the lever on the gearbox. I know i should just get a new cable but im broke as a joke at the moment and need something to get me back and forth to work. So I came up with a bright idea (i think). I drilled a hole in the plastic cable end and stuck a 1/4 20 bolt through it. Then after unbolting the other half of the end in the lever on the gearbox that the cable pivots on, i put the 1/4 inch bolt through the whole and tightened a nut down on it. Shortly after is when i figured out you actually have to adjust these things.. And honestly.. with how i've rigged it, i don't know if there really is any proper way to a adjust it. As it sits right now, the only gear i can find is 2nd and 4th. All the other gears kinda make a soft grinding noise that you can barely hear because im guessing the cable isn't pushing the lever far enough for the gear to pop in. So im sure im not adjusting things properly. I did some reading up and Im supposed to pin the shifter lever inside the car into the 3rd gear position and then bolt it to the lever after finding 3rd on the gearbox.. Which selection is 3rd when your physically moving the arm on the gearbox?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock