Lebaron brake upgrade rear left brake cable short by Knight Rider
Started on: 06-25-2014 12:14 PM
Replies: 8 (599 views)
Last post by: fierosound on 06-29-2014 11:41 AM
Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am upgrading to the Lebaron 11.25 brakes on my 86 se. The rear left brake cable is too short. I know that the Fiero Store in the past has made a cable that is 4 inches longer, but has anyone used a Pontiac 6000 left rear brake cable? DPWood mentions it in the write up for the GrandAm/Seville brakes, but I cannot find anyone using this cable with the Lebaron 11.25 brakes.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HarryG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much more length do you need?
If just a couple inches, recall seeing someone on here that doubled up on the connectors to gain some extra length (fieroguru, maybe....?)
Knight Rider

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Knight RiderSend a Private Message to Knight RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would work if it was the right side cable. This is the left side that has the threaded end used to adjust the brakes, so I really cannot add anything to the cable.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero store has been good enough to make a special longer than stock set of cables for the Lebaron swap. They are 4 inches longer and of a very good quality. The price is the same as the regular cables around $20 each. I put a set on my 87GT and they fit perfectly.

------------------
woodys 427

Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody else needed longer lines. I have NOS rear cables, not reproductions. Even came in GM boxes. I think that I remember hearing (over 5 years ago) that the original cables are a little bit longer than reproductions at that time.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car was all original, including the brake cables. I'm sure because I'm the original owner. The stock GM cables were definitely too short for the Lebaron swap. I got the Fiero Store to make longer ones for the big brake swaps in 87 and older Fieros.

------------------
woodys 427

Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well crap. So I need to order new rear cables?
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh crap is a strange response when you are given a cheap solution to your problem. I paid the set-up charges to make the cables available to the rest of you. $40 is nothing when it solves a problem and will be the last set of rear cables you will buy.

------------------
woodys 427

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

$40 is nothing when it solves a problem and will be the last set of rear cables you will buy.

Agree 100%

But you should know by now that the majority of Fiero owners fall into 2 categories. POOR or CHEAP! LOL

That's part of the reason some vendors move on to other cars.
You wouldn't hear many Vette owners complaining about $40 to permanently fix a problem.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 06-29-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave