Power at both terminals of fuse #11 by Tweeder
Started on: 06-16-2014 11:02 PM
Replies: 16 (329 views)
Last post by: Jason88Notchie on 07-06-2014 11:37 PM
Tweeder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up blowing the fuse for the cigarette lighter so I contorted myself under the fuse panel with a test light and prodded both sides of all fuses and all were working. I know that can't be right so I got out the owners manual and found it was fuse #11 i needed. Pulled it and sure enough it was blown so I probed both terminals in the fuse panel and both had power. Whats goin on? I did replace it with a new fuse and now the cigarette lighter and horn work. Have no dome light(convertible) and as for the clock, I have an aftermarket stereo that's wired so I have to manually turn it on/off so I can have music with out having the key turned and having other stuff on when its not needed.

------------------
86 SE Convertible 3800sc 4t65e HD.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone ought to tell him the fusebox hinges down for easy access........
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Lol, I find it easier laying down looking up vs getting down low and looking straight and up.

------------------

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read that but am unsure of what your pointing at. If your saying I'm getting smear power from another circuit where and how.?

------------------

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the +12v is "sneaking" back to the other terminal of the fuse. It follows the red line.

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

like this...

DL Owner manual here...
http://www.fieronews.net/fusion/downloads.php

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2014 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ogre.
Phonedawgs, i do not understand how to read those diagrams. I see in the manual that the other radio source is fuse #14. What exactly am I looking for when trying to find a leech? Is there something common with this circuit leech? Also could it be something with the aftermarket deck?

------------------

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

Thanks ogre.
Phonedawgs, i do not understand how to read those diagrams. I see in the manual that the other radio source is fuse #14. What exactly am I looking for when trying to find a leech? Is there something common with this circuit leech? Also could it be something with the aftermarket deck?

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

Thanks ogre.

Could be if the deck is the real problem (though probably a separate one) if its pulling power with the car off.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-20-2014).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2014 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Could be if the deck is the real problem (though probably a separate one) if its pulling power with the car off.

I could check that out as it's easy enough.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally getting a chance to look at this again. I have battery voltage on the left side of the terminal 11 and 2.8v on the right side. I think this is where i have a draw coming from as i disconnected the negative from battery and put one lead to the battery and the other to the cable. I have a .24mA draw, once i pull out fuse 11 it zeros out. I tried this with all fuses and only fuse 11 affected anything. I also unplugged the aftermarket radio and the mA only dropped a couple points to like .22mA. Any idears on where i would be getting 2.8v to the right terminal of fuse #11?

EDIT: I went back out and at fuse #14, i have nothing at the left side of the terminal and i have the same 2.8v on the right. If i plug in fuse #11, i get battery power to the right terminal of fuse #14.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Tweeder (edited 06-30-2014).]

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2014 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

------------------

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2014 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
help.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still having issues, any suggestions?

------------------

Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I found my problem, seems that having the constant battery voltage and the switched together(for my stereo)was causing the battery voltage to travel down the yellow wire and supply power to those circuits.

------------------

Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for following through. I'm interested in this as well. Electrical issues are always crappy to diagnose.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock