Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Trouble codes on my 3800SC (P0135, P0300, P0134, P0480) (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trouble codes on my 3800SC (P0135, P0300, P0134, P0480) by zmcdonal
Started on: 06-15-2014 03:30 PM
Replies: 43 (1437 views)
Last post by: zmcdonal on 07-21-2015 05:47 PM
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

Hey guy I have basically the same problem, did you happen to find out anything else.

Not yet, I'm kinda stuck until my new obd2 reader shows up from China. I'm hoping any day now.
IP: Logged
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2015 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then please keep us up to date on what bee happening. Probably be starting on mine in the next couple of days.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I am back to trying to figure out this problem again. All of the cheap foreign OBD connectors that I ordered would not work so I finally ordered up one of the quality ones from scantool. I got side tracked because I was not driving the car and spent the last 2 months dealing with ordering custom wheels and figuring out fitment for them.

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Lets start with this. Unbolt both connectors from the PCM. Using a wire stuffed into the connector side of C37 Clear (your Black/White wire from the O2 sensor) attach it to ground. Now turn the key on. Does your O2 sensor get hot like it did before? If so that means the wiring all the way to the PCM pin is good. If the O2 sensor is not getting hot then look at why there is an open between the HO2 sensor and the PCM pin.

Yup the sensor gets hot. That is actually how I manually grounded it the first time. So that would tell me that the wiring is good as well as the actual O2 sensor itself seems to be functioning properly.

Originally posted by phonedawgz:
If that worked then use a stick pin to back probe the C37 Clear. Backprobing is jamming a pin down from the back side so you can read the voltage with the connectors all hooked up. So hook up the PCM and set up your meter so you can read the voltage on C37 Clear. If the previous test passed you should be reading 0v or near on the pin when the PCM has the O2 sensor hearter turned on. This would be at start up. Once the engine has warmed up and the PCM goes into closed loop mode the PCM should be shutting off the heater and the voltage should rise to +12.

Does it do this.

ps don't kill yourself looking at the meter while driving.

I haven't tried this yet, will do so ASAP and be back with results.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

zmcdonal

1677 posts
Member since Oct 2005
Could it have anything to do with how short the exhaust is on a 3800 Fiero, maybe doesn't hold in as much heat as on a GTP? Does everyone run a heated O2 on a 3800 swap Fiero typically or is that a code that gets programmed out of the PCM by some?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock