3800 4t65HD axle question by JCircs
Started on: 06-09-2014 02:57 PM
Replies: 8 (752 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 06-10-2014 09:38 PM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know how to use the search function and I'm aware it's been posted a hundred times but I'm still a little confused. I'd like to collect all the necessary parts to complete my swap before I start and I have not found a clear answer on axles, maybe there is none? It's a 87 GT using a 4t65e hd auto and a supercharged 3800 from a 2001 Bonneville and all WCF mounts and brackets. My Fiero axles are gone, all I have is the Bonneville axles. Can someone tell me what else I need to make this work. Thank you...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

I know how to use the search function and I'm aware it's been posted a hundred times but I'm still a little confused. I'd like to collect all the necessary parts to complete my swap before I start and I have not found a clear answer on axles, maybe there is none? It's a 87 GT using a 4t65e hd auto and a supercharged 3800 from a 2001 Bonneville and all WCF mounts and brackets. My Fiero axles are gone, all I have is the Bonneville axles. Can someone tell me what else I need to make this work. Thank you...

If u can't get it figures out then I build and sell a plug/play Pass side axle supplying all the parts. PM me if interested.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
If u can't get it figures out then I build and sell a plug/play Pass side axle supplying all the parts. PM me if interested.

Hit up Stephen for the passenger side... Auto Fiero driver side axle for the drivers side...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Hit up Stephen for the passenger side... Auto Fiero driver side axle for the drivers side...

auto axle only works for some mountings. Did not work with WCF mounts that center the power train. My axles are about the same size . I believe that they are Transport Van axles bars with manual Fiero outer cups and Grand Prix inners tripots
I just measured up and went over to the axle shop.-done!

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I Did get one from mustangsbeware. It's a bolt in.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

I Did get one from mustangsbeware. It's a bolt in.

Did you use WCF mounts? What did you use on the drivers side?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

auto axle only works for some mountings. Did not work with WCF mounts that center the power train. My axles are about the same size . I believe that they are Transport Van axles bars with manual Fiero outer cups and Grand Prix inners tripots
I just measured up and went over to the axle shop.-done!

Worked on every swap I have done using WCF mounts along with PR/FieroX mounts. Never had any issues with any figment issues at all.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Worked on every swap I have done using WCF mounts along with PR/FieroX mounts. Never had any issues with any figment issues at all.

The auto axle will fit in the drivers side but it was about 1/2" too short. IMO that can make for a broken cup with a hard launch.l lots of swaps have used them but the loose fit is concerning plus the,axle bar is of a,smaller diameter. . Maybe I like to cut it a bit too fine but that's the way I've always done things.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The auto axle will fit in the drivers side but it was about 1/2" too short. IMO that can make for a broken cup with a hard launch.l lots of swaps have used them but the loose fit is concerning plus the,axle bar is of a,smaller diameter. . Maybe I like to cut it a bit too fine but that's the way I've always done things.

Many many hard launches on the setup in my car and others with no breakage or any other issues...Setup works fine but everyones thoughts and processes e different so I understand where u r coming from.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock