Transmission Bolts Question by CrazyDragn
Started on: 06-04-2014 06:33 PM
Replies: 7 (313 views)
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 06-08-2014 05:43 AM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am doing a 3800 swap with a getrag manual transmission.
My question is, can the bolts that come off the gt automatic transmission fit the gt manual transmission to the 3800?

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

iGTO BUMPER SALE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to high jack here but I have the same kind of question.
I'm doing a 3800sc to a Muncie 4 SPD and I wanted to know if the bolts holding the Muncie to the stock 2.8 can be used to bolt the Muncie to the 3800.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
Where driving hard is SOP.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
The "DuetLorean"
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, not sure on yours but mine is a getrag. I tried to call Rodney Dickman but he didn't answer

------------------
Notchie to Fast Back Conversion

After Market Steering Wheel Conversion

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project Has Begun

iGTO BUMPER SALE

trotterlg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotterlgSend a Private Message to trotterlgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think all but one go through the transmission and into the engine block, so if the threads are correct then those should fit. The one that goes from the engine side to the transmission may or may not fit depending on the thickness of the boss on the engine. Larry
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trotterlg:

I think all but one go through the transmission and into the engine block, so if the threads are correct then those should fit. The one that goes from the engine side to the transmission may or may not fit depending on the thickness of the boss on the engine. Larry

That's how it is, and in any case, they're a common metric size that any hardware store should have. So if the ones you have don't work, Ace, Lowes, or Home Depot should have some that will.
KaijuSenso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaijuSensoSend a Private Message to KaijuSensoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not the same engine, but for example:

My 3400 from an Equinox could not use all of the bolts that came with that same engine-trans combo. I had to re-use two of the bolts on the very top because the 3400-automatic, bolts were too long. What actually happened is I started torquing them down and didn't realize it until putting a crack in the block around the bolt hole because the bolt was bottoming out.

For this transmission compared to the Fiero GT Muncie 4 speed, the flange thickness is less on the Fiero trans. So just make sure you check that the bolts aren't too long before cranking down on them wondering why they won't sit flush.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this helps at all; The manual trans and auto use the same bolts, some years have a diff number of bolts with studs. FYI
IDK about the 3800 part.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock