Started on: 04-30-2024 10:50 PM
Replies: 11 (133 views)
Last post by: williegoat on 05-06-2024 10:02 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2024 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember how Woodrow Wilson was held in high esteem when I was a young lad.....brainwashing starts early.....

https://www.coolidgereview....rogressivism-wrought
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2024 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I remember how Woodrow Wilson was held in high esteem when I was a young lad.....brainwashing starts early.....
[/URL]

Yep, this guy wrote songs for a communist newspaper. His parents named him after their hero, Woodrow Wilson, but every body knows him as "Woody" Guthrie.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2024 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19613 posts
Member since Mar 2009
That is a good series. Thanks for the link.

There is a town southeast of Phoenix named for Coolidge.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 04-30-2024).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There are interesting parallels between Wilson and Biden, not the least of which is their serious incapacity and a shadow administration actually running the show.

Leftists gotta Leftist
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:
There are interesting parallels between Wilson and Biden, not the least of which is their serious incapacity and a shadow administration actually running the show.

Leftists gotta Leftist

coolidge harding hoover the 3 stooges who brought us the GREAT DEPRESSION

BTW RANDY
FASCISTS ARE FASCIST
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ole Woody was the prototypical Southern bigot Progressive, wasn't he?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodrow_Wilson
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Yep, this guy wrote songs for a communist newspaper. His parents named him after their hero, Woodrow Wilson, but every body knows him as "Woody" Guthrie.

no he wrote for the people not the PIGS who support the rump OR YOUR THREE STOOGES

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND

AND FASCISTS DID FEAR HIS MACHINE
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

no he wrote for the people not the PIGS who support the rump OR YOUR THREE STOOGES

THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND

AND FASCISTS DID FEAR HIS MACHINE

I have read the publications he and his friends wrote for. I have held the originals in my hands.

Don't you ever get tired of demonstrating your naivete?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2024 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking about Woodrow Wilson, but you would have known that if you had read the link.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2024 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another article from the Coolidge Review.....I found it interesting.

https://www.coolidgereview....epression-that-wasnt

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2024 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

https://www.coolidgereview....rogressivism-wrought

It seems to me that the left often relies on relatively inexperienced and impassioned youth, and the critically uneducated (abject poor) to further their cause... which seems to have always generally been to ensure and maintain a ~1% in America. This of course is instituted by the ultra-wealthy in the United States, who are generally supportive of anything that keeps them in power and eliminates competition to their status.

With the exception of Bill Clinton in the 90s (to which we can largely place a lot of credit on the Contract w/ America), most Democrats have consistently overseen a decrease in the middle class, a shrinking of the lower "wealthy" class, and an increase in minority poverty. Every single time. When Republicans tend to come in, like Reagan, Trump, and even George W. Bush, there's always an increase in the middle class, and a gradual shift of the upper poor into the middle class, and the upper middle class in to the lower wealthy category.

The Democrats tend to implement policies and programs that, if we take them at their word... are intended to help the poor. Unfortunately, these programs generally cause more issues than they solve... and not only create reliance on them, but actually result in higher tax burdens and SOMEHOW seem to make things worse overall.

I have my thoughts and opinions... but I think people need to make their own conclusions as to why this happens. For example... in 2009, President Obama "nationalized" the overwhelming vast majority of student loans into Federal programs. Why? The reason was because he wanted to create better opportunity for underprivileged people. Of course, my opinion is that he saw it as an opportunity to acquire more power over education and the private sector... as he wanted to do with healthcare, and everything else. Regardless of why he did this... the fact remains that it directly led to the problems we face today with mounting student debt. It didn't really solve anything, just created a larger problem in the end. In effect, the government created a problem, and then promised to be the hero and solve the very problem it created.

The bright spot in all of this... I am actually seeing people "change."

Most of my friends are left-leaning. We have too much other things going on that we generally don't really talk politics. During the Trump administration though, I was getting non-stop e-mails from them where they expected me to defend (as the resident Republican) everything Trump did. You know how that goes... we all do that. I never had any problems with that... but I generally held off from stoking the flames because they were pretty upset (though I think mostly worked up about things that weren't really issues at all... but that the media told them they were).

Lately... especially within the past 2 months, I've been getting e-mails from my friends where they are literally sending me videos (some from Bill Maher, some from people on X, etc.) where people are wildly criticizing Biden, or leftist actions. Like... one of my friends tells me once a week, "I'm tired of this **** ..." and he'll send me a link that talks about Palestinian protestors. He's "sick" of the protestors, basically.

Most of my left-leaning friends from my various circles still don't like Trump, and they still think we need socialized medicine, but on pretty much everything else... they've completely done a 180. It's been really fascinating to watch.

... I don't think they'll vote for Trump... they may even still likely vote for Biden. But it certainly means that Biden has an enthusiasm problem... which likely means that most people who don't really care one way or another, are probably not going to vote... or may even be resistant to vote when approached through a ballot harvesting campaign.
PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2024 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

It seems to me that the left often relies on relatively inexperienced and impassioned youth, and the critically uneducated (abject poor) to further their cause... which seems to have always generally been to ensure and maintain a ~1% in America. This of course is instituted by the ultra-wealthy in the United States, who are generally supportive of anything that keeps them in power and eliminates competition to their status.

This about sums it up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock