Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  rhonda's supremes will make the rump will lose by 2 votes pot and woman's rights (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
rhonda's supremes will make the rump will lose by 2 votes pot and woman's rights by ray b
Started on: 04-02-2024 12:29 AM
Replies: 62 (523 views)
Last post by: randye on 04-08-2024 11:28 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fla's supreme's just ruled to let the people vote on legal pot
and protected abortion rights in November

the screaming you hear the is the rump
his people just told him he lost
the combined vote is the extra kick to insure the rump will lose

still a rigged game now they fix the result
by what issues the public cares to vote on
now ever less chance of a 2016 style steal with less votes
o well the will of the people and all that

remember no vote on abortion rights has lost post the repeal
let the people vote they said
I do not think a pot vote has lost in year ether
the trump is doomed by the Gop delusions
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

fla's supreme's just ruled to let the people vote on legal pot
and protected abortion rights in November

the screaming you hear the is the rump
his people just told him he lost
the combined vote is the extra kick to insure the rump will lose

still a rigged game now they fix the result
by what issues the public cares to vote on
now ever less chance of a 2016 style steal with less votes
o well the will of the people and all that

remember no vote on abortion rights has lost post the repeal
let the people vote they said
I do not think a pot vote has lost in year ether
the trump is doomed by the Gop delusions

It's good that you see this, so you understand that the point of the Supreme Court isn't to make law, it's to ensure it's upheld. So when they do something you find favorable, you shouldn't be shocked... because unlike radical leftist judges, their only goal is to validate existing law... and they deemed it legal to add this to Florida's ballot for a potential amendment.

You say Trump has now lost... but you maybe didn't seem to know that Florida now has 850,000 more registered Republicans than registered Democrats.

Here's a VOX video trying to explain it:

Note, the music is somber as you see Florida becoming more Republican (It's Vox), but if you are happy about such a thing, the music becomes happy music. Your mileage may vary. Also, this is already 6 months old... Florida now has 850k more voters.

Even if there was overwhelming support for legalizing marijuana or abortions to some degree, I don't think it will result in Trump losing Florida ??? it's a total folly to think this.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope that the state plans to tax the crap out of recreational cannabis.
Michigan didn't tack on enough in taxes and missed out on a lot of revenue.
I voted no, simply because it wasn't being taxed at a high enough rate.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If you legalize a "black market", then over tax it, the black market will remain. California proves that.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

If you legalize a "black market", then over tax it, the black market will remain. California proves that.

I'm pretty sure this occurs in every jurisdiction where the sale of previously banned substances has been legalized. Grass is legal here, with pot shops located (almost) everywhere. However, the "black market" is still thriving... partly due to undercutting the prices at registered weed stores, and partly due to the fact that "pushers" offer more than just grass. At the risk of legalizing everything, I don't know what the answer is in regards to getting rid of the "black market" in drugs.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prices in Michigan have fallen so low they almost give it away.
Too much supply.....
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as a good christo-facist would think

funny when they really really really hate something

like abortion = free sex = no hang ups
or gays
or pot smokers

they DEMAND THAT STATE REPRESSION
AND WANT PEOPLE IN PRISON
FOR DARING TO REJECT THE christo-fascist BELIEF SYSTEM
NOT EVER FOR REAL HARM
JUST FOR REJECTING THEIR AUTHORITY
FOR LIMITING THE christo-facist ABILITY TO IMPOSE THE DOGMA ON OTHERS

NOT BY THEIR WORDS
BUT BY THEIR DEEDS
YOU WILL KNOW THE christo-fascist

wanting to limit your freedoms
and using the very state they hate to do it for them
rump is a fake christian but a very real fascist
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as a good christo-facist would think

funny when they really really really hate something

like abortion = free sex = no hang ups
or gays
or pot smokers

NOT EVER FOR REAL HARM

NOT BY THEIR WORDS
BUT BY THEIR DEEDS
YOU WILL KNOW THE christo-fascist

wanting to limit your freedoms
and using the very state they hate to do it for them
rump is a fake christian but a very real fascist

Instead of mindlessly repeating your authoritarian mantra, just grow your own and don't worry about what normal people do.
Learning and growing is so overrated.

Hey, look! A squirrel! And it's all green and...and...electric purple...far out, dude (or what ever you are today).

From 1964, the year Goldwater wasn't elected:

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More blathering hatred with some yelling

I fixed this one for you as well
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2024 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NOT EVER FOR REAL HARM

How long have you spent in prison / jail ?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm pretty sure this occurs in every jurisdiction where the sale of previously banned substances has been legalized. Grass is legal here, with pot shops located (almost) everywhere. However, the "black market" is still thriving... partly due to undercutting the prices at registered weed stores, and partly due to the fact that "pushers" offer more than just grass. At the risk of legalizing everything, I don't know what the answer is in regards to getting rid of the "black market" in drugs.

My opinion, and I've stated this before... meaningful work, and a life filled with opportunity is the best antidote for things like this. As I'd mentioned before... I feel the minimum wage is directly responsible for this. It used to be that nearly 25% of teenagers worked. Now, less than 5% of them work. This directly correlates with the dramatic increase of minimum wage. A company (especially small ones) can generally only hire a few people to work. When the minimum wage was low, they could hire one or two really experienced people at three times the salary, and then hire a bunch of high school kids to fill in the hours. This provides both opportunity and direction.

My first job was McDonalds. I made $4.25 an hour in 1994-1995. I don't joke about this... but I learned so much in my 8 months there, that it would take me forever to put it into words. Everything from team building, to responsibility, to accountability. These were all things that my manager instilled in me, and I absolutely remember them to this day.

Most of the people who are smoking pot are kids. Yes... there are a couple of adults here and here, but most of them are younger people. They get their money from their parents (yes...). But when they have a job, it creates a whole different work ethic and sense of purpose that most of these kids today do not have. It's really sad... and this isn't the same reciprocal older generation complaining about a younger generation nonsense. This current generation simply does not work. It's not like they're getting better grades or doing sports either... because that's been on the decline as well.

I can't blame it all on the minimum wage... because I know social media has also had an impact too. I remember my friends making fun of me for working at McDonalds as low class (I went to school in a nice area), but it was my mom who dropped me off in front of McDonalds and said... "Don't come home without a job."

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You would be astonished at the number of adults that use cannabis on a regular basis.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You would be astonished at the number of adults that use cannabis on a regular basis.

AND YOU VOTED TO JAIL THEM

what a christo-fascist plan

just like you want to jail gays or trans people

and shoot border jumpers
but we are not sure if can-frogs are shootable ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
... it was my mom who dropped me off in front of McDonalds and said... "Don't come home without a job."

Nice.

I came home one day (high school) and there was a strange car in the driveway. I asked my Dad who it belongs to. He said "you, if you get a job". Yes, I had to walk while looking.

I agree with your thoughts. I would add missing fathers in the family causing Mom to work and they grow up with only peer pressure guiding them.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

AND YOU VOTED TO JAIL THEM

what a christo-fascist plan

just like you want to jail gays or trans people

and shoot border jumpers
but we are not sure if can-frogs are shootable ?

I stated my objection to the proposed legislation.

But, I forgot that you can't don't read.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I stated my objection to the proposed legislation.

But, I forgot that you can't don't read.

YOU CAN SPIN INTENT

the real world result is people jailed for unjust laws and or fined and property grabbed by the pigs
just like you want to imprison gays or women who abort and heath care workers

while lying about freedoms the Gop supports and less gov [less useful gov only]
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if cannabis becomes legal most insurance companies still will not allow you to work for companies they insure. If you are involved in a accident with injuries they take blood and if you have thc in your blood you get a DUI. People that want to smoke already do so stop complaining about it.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

Even if cannabis becomes legal most insurance companies still will not allow you to work for companies they insure. If you are involved in a accident with injuries they take blood and if you have thc in your blood you get a DUI. People that want to smoke already do so stop complaining about it.

why

as it clearly shows the Gop dogma lies

truth matters
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check the laws. If you are involved in an injury accident they take blood. If you have any thc in your blood you get a DUI. How long does thc stay in your system if you use regularly?

[This message has been edited by jdv (edited 04-03-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trump could just eliminate the abortion issue by saying "As President I will be head of the federal government. I will have no effect on abortion rights because that issue is controlled by the individual States".

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what the Supreme Court has decided. The states have the rights to decide. Why should Trump have done this and not any other POTUS?
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why should Trump have done this and not any other POTUS?

Because he is the first candidate for president from the "pro-life" party since the SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade.

Since a majority of voters support the womans freedom to choose this could be a problem for the Republican party. I was just saying that Trump could try to make it a non-issue instead of having to argue his position.

jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't Roe v. Wade about privacy ?
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wasn't Roe v. Wade about privacy ?

Yes... which is exactly why it was overturned.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes... which is exactly why it was overturned.

no AS THEY SAID

THEY WOULD RESPECT THE LAW

BUT DID NOT

AKA LIED
a common Gop value
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most of the people who are smoking pot are kids. Yes... there are a couple of adults here and here, but most of them are younger people.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. A lot of the "kids" from the 60's, 70's, 80's etc who smoked dope back then are still smoking it.

It used to be that nearly 25% of teenagers worked. Now, less than 5% of them work. This directly correlates with the dramatic increase of minimum wage.

...my mom who dropped me off in front of McDonalds and said... "Don't come home without a job."

I suspect the lack of younger people working has little to do with changes in "minimum wage", and more to do with parents who allow their kids to freeload. There's little motivation to get a job if one's parents allow them lounge around all day with no responsibilities. Today's youth need more parents like your mom (and dad), or like my parents, who made it clear... I either had to be working or going to school full-time while living at home.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 04-03-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most of the people who are smoking pot are kids. Yes... there are a couple of adults here and here, but most of them are younger people.

Let me guess. This is another thing that is true because "everyone knows it", right?

Here are facts from a scientific study

Age 18-34 current users.....49.9%
Age 35-64 current users.....43.3%

These numbers seem a little "high" to me, but this includes people who just use as little as once per month.

https://jamanetwork.com/jou.../fullarticle/2786687

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I suspect the lack of younger people working has little to do with changes in "minimum wage", and more to do with parents who allow their kids to freeload. There's little motivation to get a job if one's parents allow them lounge around all day with no responsibilities. Today's youth need more parents like your mom (and dad), or like my parents, who made it clear... I either had to be working or going to school full-time while living at home.

I disagree... but I have no proof of this either, this is merely an "Occam's razor" type of opinion of mine. I think the fact that only 4% of teens work versus 25% of teens just ~25 years ago is perhaps likely the symptom of other issues, or but certainly an exacerbating feature of it.

Another large group in the United States (and no I have not read Fred's paper, not that interested), are minorities... specifically black Americans. As a percentage of population, black Americans are far more likely to use marijuana than any other race. Marijuana use tends to be associated with lower income in adults, even though it's a "luxury" item. And tends to be associated with kids and young adults in middle class.
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Because he is the first candidate for president from the "pro-life" party since the SCOTUS overturned Roe v. Wade.

Since a majority of voters support the womans freedom to choose this could be a problem for the Republican party. I was just saying that Trump could try to make it a non-issue instead of having to argue his position.

It already is a non issue as it is in the hands of the states as it should be.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no the states that want to ban are christo-fascist gods laws states as bad as ISIS or the al-kikkda
but when people vote you get the real will of the people
not the will of the religious nuts
every Gop dominated state had extreme laws vote by the reps who are mostly christo-fascist
no vote of the people has gone that way all said NO to christo-fascist abortion ideals
all vote for freedom from rules true non christo-fascist darksider BS the Gop and rump push on others
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2024 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no the states that want to ban are christo-fascist gods laws states as bad as ISIS or the al-kikkda
but when people vote you get the real will of the people
not the will of the religious nuts
every Gop dominated state had extreme laws vote by the reps who are mostly christo-fascist
no vote of the people has gone that way all said NO to christo-fascist abortion ideals
all vote for freedom from rules true non christo-fascist darksider BS the Gop and rump push on others

ray, get over it. You live in a predominantly Christian nation. Our laws were inspired by Judeo-Christian writings.
Our money says 'In God We Trust'.

Deal with it.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray, get over it. You live in a predominantly Christian nation. Our laws were inspired by Judeo-Christian writings.
Our money says 'In God We Trust'.

Deal with it.

yes but it never has said what god that is

the chisto-fascist assume it is their god and only theirs

best april fool I saw was that joel osteeling preacher
claiming he was selling his jets mansions and give the cash to the poor

right
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes but it never has said what god that is

the chisto-fascist assume it is their god and only theirs

best april fool I saw was that joel osteeling preacher
claiming he was selling his jets mansions and give the cash to the poor

right

Well, not exactly. The founders "assumed" the Christian God... but they intentionally founded the nations on the principles of separation of "church and state." This was for the specific purpose of preventing a religious individual, such as the Catholic Pope, from imposing their will on the rule of law ... such as the Pope would often do throughout European history. To that point though, the foundational values of the country reflected that... acknowledging of course that man is flawed, and that we violated these religious tenants by having slaves, etc. But the founders knew and understand this, and had to carefully and diplomatically navigate these issues to create a set of governing documents that the colonies - then states - would be willing to ratify.

Now, if the majority of the citizens are "christian" and vote for things that are christian-based, then that's the will of the people, and isn't a reflection on the government, but the people. To that end, the mass importation of illegal immigrants, the overwhelming majority of whom are Christian, will most certainly increase the level of Christianity in this country.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The First Amendment prevents the Government from endorsing one religion over another.
All of us have the liberty to believe what we want to believe.
It's up to each of us to decide what, if any, path we want to follow.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WTF? It is certainsly an issue. Do you not read any news about what is going on with the upcoming Presidential election?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03...ff-survey/index.html

"About half of registered voters in the United States say this year’s elections will have a “major impact” on access to abortion, and about 1 in 8 voters says that abortion is the most important issue driving their vote,"
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WTF? It is certainsly an issue. Do you not read any news about what is going on with the upcoming Presidential election?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03...ff-survey/index.html

"About half of registered voters in the United States say this year’s elections will have a “major impact” on access to abortion, and about 1 in 8 voters says that abortion is the most important issue driving their vote,"

What SHOULD be more obvious to them is that every legal scholar knew Roe v. Wade was a bad decision, as did the majority of Democrat scholars. But Democrats had over 50 years to come up with some sort of law that enshrined at least some level of abortion rights. Literally at any point, they could have. They've been addressing the threat of Roe v. Wade being overturned for as long as I've been alive (because they knew it was bad law), but not once did they take a serious approach to implementing it. The only time I can remember is during a Republican majority, and they tried to push the most ridiculous abortion bill that almost no one would have voted for... pretty much authorized killing of the child AFTER birth. So... they were never really serious about it.

The Democrats do a really good job of hyping up people who are gullible, or even stupid, but most people are seeing that their "rights" are exactly what they want them to be based on the states they live. People in California do not have an issue getting an abortion, nor do people in New York... or many other ultra-liberal states. So it's only an issue for the small minority of the population in conservative state's who's vote for Biden would largely be meaningless anyway.

When you look at the stats, it doesn't present the same emphasis as the title does. Nearly 1/4th of the people who say abortion rights are important to them, still said they planned to vote for Donald Trump. Only 19% of the total of the "1 out of 8 women" were even in a state that had a ban... which means the preponderance of them are likely in liberal states. So... who cares if 1 out of every 8 people in California and New York view abortion as the most important thing in the world to them?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Let me guess. This is another thing that is true because "everyone knows it", right?

Not everyone. You don't.

Here are facts from a scientific study ...
Age 18-34 current users.....49.9%
Age 35-64 current users.....43.3%

These numbers seem a little "high" to me, but this includes people who just use as little as once per month.

You are too easy. Are you proud to demonstrate your ignorance and provide proof ?

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

You are too easy. Are you proud to demonstrate your ignorance and provide proof ?

82 T/A said there were only "a couple of adults here and there".

I proved that almost half (43%) of adults smoke pot.

I was correct and 82TA was wrong.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I proved that almost half (43%) of adults smoke pot.

Hahah... wait, WHAT? I didn't even know your claims were so absurd.

Dude... I don't even know where you get your **** from... good lord. What you must think about society if you think 43% of adults smoke pot in the United States.. my God.

It's not even half of that.

https://news.gallup.com/pol...smoke-marijuana.aspx

"Age is a significant driver of the likelihood of smoking marijuana. About a quarter of young adults, those aged 18 to 34, say they smoke marijuana (26%), but reported use falls to 18% among adults aged 35 to 54 and is even lower, 11%, among adults aged 55 and older. Marijuana usage varies across other demographic groups:

• Men (19%) are more likely than women (14%) to use marijuana.
  • College graduates (9%) are about half as likely as those without a college degree (21%) to smoke marijuana.
  • Democrats (22%) are more likely than Republicans (12%) to report smoking marijuana, with independents’ rate (17%) falling between them.

As I've said... most of the people who smoke pot, are kids. And it drops as you get older. Seriously, this is like the absolute dumbest thing I think I've heard you say. Like, did you not understand that the percentages above were the percentage OF PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT? I can't with this nonsense...

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 04-04-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2024 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hahah... wait, WHAT? I didn't even know your claims were so absurd.

Dude... I don't even know where you get your **** from... good lord. What you must think about society if you think 43% of adults smoke pot in the United States.. my God.

It's not even half of that.

https://news.gallup.com/pol...smoke-marijuana.aspx

"Age is a significant driver of the likelihood of smoking marijuana. About a quarter of young adults, those aged 18 to 34, say they smoke marijuana (26%), but reported use falls to 18% among adults aged 35 to 54 and is even lower, 11%, among adults aged 55 and older. Marijuana usage varies across other demographic groups:

• Men (19%) are more likely than women (14%) to use marijuana.
  • College graduates (9%) are about half as likely as those without a college degree (21%) to smoke marijuana.
  • Democrats (22%) are more likely than Republicans (12%) to report smoking marijuana, with independents’ rate (17%) falling between them.

As I've said... most of the people who smoke pot, are kids. And it drops as you get older. Seriously, this is like the absolute dumbest thing I think I've heard you say. Like, did you not understand that the percentages above were the percentage OF PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT? I can't with this nonsense...

I actually think these numbers are closer to reality than the study I cited. As I said in my post those numbers sounded a little high to me. About 50% claim that they have tried marijuana at some point in their life, but I don't know if 43% are still smoking at least once a month in their 40's and 50's.

I am man enough to admit when I might be wrong. Too bad you are not.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock