Started on: 03-23-2024 09:56 AM
Replies: 19 (231 views)
Last post by: BingB on 03-29-2024 10:53 AM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday I heard on the radio that ISIS terrorists, armed with automatic weapons and dressed in military garb, opened fire at a concert, in Russia.
Last I heard (haven't turned on the news, this morning) ~40 people are dead, and ~145 are injured. I'm sure the numbers will increase.

This leads to a couple of questions...
Why do the Russians continue to support Iran in the middle east? They all would seem to be cut from the same cloth.
(I suspect that's probably too simplistic, and really doesn't matter, though. "The enemy of my enemy...etc.") Just seems strange.

More pressing...
When will something like that happen here? Our border is essentially non-existent, at this point.
They just caught someone on the "terror watch list" in freakin' North Carolina, IIRC.
How many more of them are out there walking around, just waiting for the right moment?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BingB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Why do the Russians continue to support Iran in the middle east? They all would seem to be cut from the same cloth.

Iran is an enemy of ISIS.

You never noticed that most of the wars in the middle east were Shia Muslims fighting Suni Muslims?

Also why was the United States besties with Saudi Arabia after all those Saudi Arabian terrorists took down the World Trade Center?

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Iran is an enemy of ISIS.

You never noticed that most of the wars in the middle east were Shia Muslims fighting Suni Muslims?

Sure. Just seemed strange, on the face of it. But you're right.

Reminds me of a comment that a friend of mine used to make, regarding the Iran/Iraq war...
"All of that fighting and 'discontent'... over just one letter."

Also why was the United States besties with Saudi Arabia after all those Saudi Arabian terrorists took down the World Trade Center?

I wouldn't say "besties", by any stretch of the imagination. Let's call it a mutually beneficial agreement. That works.

Why? Because we are restricted in how much of our own oil we can harvest and utilize. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but taken at face value...
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting that US Intelligence is reported to have warned their counterparts in Russia of an impending attack.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Interesting that US Intelligence is reported to have warned their counterparts in Russia of an impending attack.

Americans are good people who don't want to see innocent people hurt. Russians are also good people.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

williegoat

19545 posts
Member since Mar 2009

------------------
"Ain't no rest for the whiskers."

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-23-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Americans are good people who don't want to see innocent people hurt. Russians are also good people.

The common "people" of most (all?) countries are just fine. It's the despots in charge that are often the problem.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2024 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's for sure.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2024 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the band that was to play that night at "Crocus City Hall". The video is from two weeks ago. The song title translates to "Don't be afraid of anything"

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 03-24-2024).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And now Putin is claiming that Ukraine was providing an escape route for the IS terrorists. Anything to drum up support for his BS “special military operation”.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And now Putin is claiming that Ukraine was providing an escape route for the IS terrorists.

That's a new one. Last I heard he was saying Ukraine did it. Easy enough to disprove, now that they have the shooter(s). Dumbass.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a new one. Last I heard he was saying Ukraine did it. Easy enough to disprove, now that they have the shooter(s). Dumbass.

As of yesterday, some have confessed, most were beaten, one was so badly beaten that he was incapable of confessing.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a new one.

I heard/read it yesterday. Here's a source with the same info...

Putin appears to be trying to tie Ukraine to the attack, something its government firmly denies.

He called the attack "a bloody, barbaric terrorist act" and said Russian authorities captured the four as they were trying to escape to Ukraine through a "window" prepared for them on the Ukrainian side of the border.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I heard/read it yesterday. Here's a source with the same info...

Thanks for that. Of course, Putin keeps changing up the story.

Imagine my surprise...

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for that. Of course, Putin keeps changing up the story.

Imagine my surprise...

I was wondering... is there any way this could be an inside job, where the Russian government actually coordinated the attack in Moscow (139 reported dead so far)... just so they could point the finger at Ukraine in order to try and gain much needed public support for Putin's war? Is there any way that could be possible? Nah, nobody could be that twisted... could they?

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

And now Putin is claiming that Ukraine was providing an escape route for the IS terrorists. Anything to drum up support for his BS “special military operation”.

[EDIT] Now that I've thought about it a bit more, could it be that Russian officials ignored the warnings they received from US Intelligence... as they had no interest in thwarting their own plans. Yeah yeah, I know... I'm getting deep into "conspiracy theory" territory here.

Originally posted by Patrick Here:

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-25-2024).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2024 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, people are very good at conspiring to gain an advantage.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Baltimore bridge knocked down by terrorist attack, intentionally ! Because no harbor pilot would deliberately run a ship into a bridge, right ?

Francis Scott Key Bridge

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 03-26-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2024 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2024 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:

Baltimore bridge knocked down by terrorist attack, intentionally ! Because no harbor pilot would deliberately run a ship into a bridge, right ?

Francis Scott Key Bridge

I don't know what happened, but I 100% know it was not an act of terrorism.

Terrorism has zero effect if people are not aware that it was an act of terrorism. That is how terrorism works. Terrorists don't commit acts of terrorism and them keep them a secret. There is no "terror" created unless the victims know.

So until some terrorists organization claims it I know it is not terrorism.

[This message has been edited by BingB (edited 03-29-2024).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock