Started on: 10-09-2023 07:39 PM
Replies: 110 (1264 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 11-10-2023 11:50 AM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2023 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Visited the Creation Museum in Kentucky today.

It was very interesting and everything was very well done.

I would recommend a visit for anyone who gets close to the Cincinnati area.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fredtoast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2023 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Right next to Big Bone Lick State Park.

Creation Museum claims the earth is only 6000 years old, that the T-Rex was a vegetarian and lived at the same time as human, and the gRand Canyon was created in a matter of hours be receding waters of the "great flood".

It is not really a "historical" museum. It is a Christian attraction. It preaches about conservative Christian poition on abortion, drugs, homosexuality. It contradicts almost ever accepted principle of geology, anthropology, paleontology, history, chemistry, astronomy, zoology, and biology.

The people who built the Creation Museum had every right to do so. I just don't like the way they try to act like they are presenting actual science or history.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be visiting The Ark Experience today.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18161 posts
Member since May 2004
The Ark Encounter was fantastic.
Very well done, and very educational.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The Ark Encounter was fantastic.
Very well done, and very educational.

THEY EXPLAIN KANGAROO'S ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post some pics!
PhatMax

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhatMaxSend a Private Message to PhatMaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to both this summer. The Creation Museum was very well done. The Ark was stunning….a lot of history in there.

[This message has been edited by PhatMax (edited 10-10-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2023 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18161 posts
Member since May 2004
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2023 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fredtoast:

Right next to Big Bone Lick State Park.

Creation Museum claims the earth is only 6000 years old, that the T-Rex was a vegetarian and lived at the same time as human, and the gRand Canyon was created in a matter of hours be receding waters of the "great flood".

It is not really a "historical" museum. It is a Christian attraction. It preaches about conservative Christian poition on abortion, drugs, homosexuality. It contradicts almost ever accepted principle of geology, anthropology, paleontology, history, chemistry, astronomy, zoology, and biology.

The people who built the Creation Museum had every right to do so. I just don't like the way they try to act like they are presenting actual science or history.

As it turns out, Fred isn't very proficient at reading maps.

I'm sure he meant to say Natural Bridge Resort Park.

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As it turns out, Fred isn't very proficient at reading maps.

I'm sure he meant to say Natural Bridge Resort Park.

Fred was right on the money. Big Bone Lick State Park

Google Maps refers to it as Big Bone Lick State Historic Site.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some questions come to mind.....

Why would fredtoast reference that particular State Park being close to the Creation Museum?

Had I mentioned any State Parks?

Why wouldn't ft have mentioned the Newport Aquarium, instead of a state park?

Why would Patrick point out my obvious mistake?

Why would I have made such a glaring mistake?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18161 posts
Member since May 2004
As it turns out, we did visit the Natural Bridge and Red River Gorge area.

And Big Bone Lick State Park will be a place I visit, as I was a Geology (among other subjects) major in college and have been very interested in fossils.

Perhaps ft had the thought about that state park because it was on his mind because he is a fossil fan too?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why would fredtoast reference that particular State Park being close to the Creation Museum?

If fredtoast was able to, I'm sure he'd be glad to respond.

Why would Patrick point out my obvious mistake?

After reading your post, I was curious where the relative locations of these sites actually were. I was surprised to see you had made such an error.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I posted my reply after visiting the Natural Bridge area, it must have been on my mind.

Beautiful area of Eastern Kentucky,nits worth visiting if in the area.

I would love to get up to the area where you live, the scenery there is staggering in photos, and they can't do justice to the reality of the scale of the land.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2023 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would love to get up to the area where you live, the scenery there is staggering in photos, and they can't do justice to the reality of the scale of the land.

The vastness of the place is truly staggering. Vancouver is on the coast, and when in the city, there are mountains immediately to the north. I always thought it was just a "curtain" of mountains... until I got up in a small plane and looked over the top of them. This was back in 1985, and a friend of mine had his own Cessna. He invited me to come along for a flight around the area. It was a very clear day. When we climbed up high enough, I was able to look past the "curtain" of mountains... to see forested mountains and valleys and forested mountains and valleys stretch as far as the eye could see. It was absolutely spectacular, and the vision has stuck with me all these years.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:Why would fredtoast reference that particular State Park being close to the Creation Museum?

Had I mentioned any State Parks?

Originally posted by Patrick:

If fredtoast was able to, I'm sure he'd be glad to respond.

It was so that he could couch the rest of his response with some familiarity ... to engage and express knowledge of ... before he goes into the rest of it. This is so that he's not immediately dismissed, because he knew the follow-on points were intentionally derisive. I doubt though he's ever been there or even seen it (I haven't).

He may not even realize he's doing it, but perhaps as a basic tenet of introduction to a statement as a lawyer.

Question I have... was this Ark the one that was used in that movie... what was it, Evan Almighty?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Creation Museum claims that the earth is only 6000 years old, that T-Rex was a vegetarian and lived at the same time as humans, and the Grand Canyon was created in a matter of hours by receding waters of the "great flood."

It is not really a "historical" museum. It is a Christian attraction. It preaches about conservative Christian poition on abortion, drugs, and homosexuality. It contradicts almost every accepted principle of geology, anthropology, paleontology, history, chemistry, astronomy, zoology and biology.

That's what fredtoast said about the Christian Museum.

He's critical of the museum, but were his remarks out of line? Are these remarks "intentionally derisive"—to use the same phrase that 82-T/A just used?

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-14-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:He's critical of the museum, but were his remarks out of line? Are these remarks "intentionally derisive"—to use the same phrase that 82-T/A just used?

Rinse... if you go into a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with you, no bearing on you, and affects you in absolutely literally no way... but you go in and make statements about how all of it is wrong, then yes... that's derisive. I mean, that's fine... this is a message board, and he can (or could in this case) certainly do that. But it's still derisive.

derisive: adjective - Expressing or characterized by derision; mocking; ridiculing.

I'm simply just stating it matter of factly. Derisive is merely the context with which he said these things. "Out of line" would be a measurement of opinion on whether his comments crossed a metaphorical acceptable balance... which is not something I was addressing. But again, this goes back to what Wichita said regarding hate and leftism. He sought this post out to make his comments known how he views creationism and those who believe in it.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think fredtoast created an opening for a possibly interesting discussion.

Is there value in the Christian Museum, and by extension, the Bible itself, even if someone looks upon it thinking assuredly that Creationism, as it is presented in the museum, is pure mythology.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-14-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fine, start a thread about that then. Have at it.

I started this thread to share my comments about two wonderful places to visit if one is inclined to do so.

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

(snip)

Question I have... was this Ark the one that was used in that movie... what was it, Evan Almighty?

The Creation Museum was built first, and then The Ark Experience.

In this age of access to information, I'm not very inclined to answer questions that are easily researched via Google.

Look it up.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a Museum should be about facts and real history

the fake flood the fake ark the whole story is a babylonian myth
stolen and recycled in the buybull

maybe a race memory of the black sea flood but no world wide flood EVER

THE ARK IS NOT A VIABLE BOAT WAY TOO BIG FOR A WOOD BOAT STRUCTURE
it would breakup in waves instantly

LAMA'S KANGAROOS ? HOW ?
FRESH WATER FISH TOO MUCH SALT OR SALT WATER LIFE NOT ENOUGH SALT EVERYTHING DIES

but they do love their killer god who kills everyone not in the cult
btw DNA ROADBLOCK not in the DNA records they can't fool DNA it is the records

age is way out egypt was build the great pyramid about THEN OOPS
NO BREAK IN CHINA'S RECORDS
OR EARLY AMERICAN PEOPLE'S

NO FLOOD NO ARK NO REAL HISTORY THERE

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I take it you're not inclined to visit either place?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, I take it you're not inclined to visit either place?

BIG BONE LICK maybe

a fake museum about a fictional boat ?

NO
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're entitled to your opinion.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I think fredtoast created an opening for a possibly interesting discussion.

Look at you. You are precious. Is that what the freddytoasted report says ?

Is there value in the Christian Museum, and by extension, the Bible itself, even if someone looks upon it thinking assuredly that Creationism, as it is presented in the museum, is pure mythology.

Are you not thinking ? No. There is no value in the Christian Museum or Bible is someone thinks it is pure mythology.

Why don't you create a thread opening for a possibly interesting discussion ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't talking about someone who regards the Kentucky Creation Museum or the Bible as pure mythology, in total.

I was talking about someone who regards the Creationist part of the museum or the Bible as pure mythology.

In the case of the Bible, it's obvious that there is more to consider than just Creationism.

In the case of the museum, it presents the Creationist narrative, but it may tie that to other ideas or thinking that could be appreciated and valued by a visitor to the museum, without their acceptance of Creationism as factual.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2023 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

"You're going to need a bigger Ark"
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 05:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't talking about someone who regards the Kentucky Creation Museum or the Bible as pure mythology, in total.

I was talking about someone who regards the Creationist part of the museum or the Bible as pure mythology.

The Creationist part of the museum or the Bible ?

It is obvious you have never read the Bible. Not even the first eight words.

In the case of the Bible, it's obvious that there is more to consider than just Creationism.

What kind of observation is that ? Of course there is, duh.

In the case of the museum, it presents the Creationist narrative, but it may tie that to other ideas or thinking that could be appreciated and valued by a visitor to the museum, without their acceptance of Creationism as factual.

It may tie into other ideas ? Name one. Would one go to the Creation Museum if they didn't believe in Creation ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Would [someone] go to the Creation Museum if they didn't believe in Creation ?

I have to think that among all those who have toured the museum, there have been some (if not many) that did not and do not believe in Creationism.

There are two versions of Creationism that Creationists talk about.

In one version, God created the world and finally humans in six days, but these are "God days." They are not 24-hour days. So in this version of Creationism, "day" is a metaphor. If a "God day" is considered to be 750 million years, the six days of Creation would add up to 4.5 billion years, which is the scientifically accepted age of the Earth. If a "God day" is considered to be 2.28 billion years, the six days of Creation would add up to 13.7 billion years, which is the scientifically accepted age of the universe, as science understands it.... 13.7 billion years separating us, in this moment, from the Big Bang.

Of course, there is no logical way to square up what scientists believe about the creation and evolution of the universe, and any "six days of Creation" narrative. You'd have to further mangle the idea of "six days" to do that. The first such day would be just a fraction of a second. Other days of Creation could be equivalent to millions or billions of years.

Other versions say that the Earth has endured for something between 6,000 and 12,000 years since its Born On date.These are the Young Earth versions of Creationism.

The original Budweiser "Born On" date has been replaced with "Freshest Before" date labeling.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-15-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by cliffw:[/B
The Creationist part of the museum or the Bible ?

It is obvious you have never read the Bible. Not even the first eight words.
It may tie into other ideas ? Name one. Would one go to the Creation Museum if they didn't believe in Creation ?

buybull should be read starting at the first word like any other book
and continuing to the last words on the last page

few read it that way most jump to little bits pointed out by others
and grab phrases out of context eazy to distort meaning that way

so have you read it first to last words in order like any other book ?

btw I have
in 1963 I was elected class chaplain tasked to read a random bit each morning
in a segregated miami public school
for a nut christian geography teacher who taught the continents can't drift
as god put them in place where he wanted them so they can't move

BUT continent do drift an important point in understanding geography

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

in 1963 I was elected class chaplain tasked to read a random bit each morning
in a segregated miami public school

I have never seen anyone so proud of his segregated past.

In 1963, I was in public schools in both Pensacola and Orlando, But I don't wear it as a badge of honor.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have read the Bible, starting with the first word of the Old Testament and ending with the last word of the New Testament.
Beginning to End.
I have also read a lot of the Book of Mormon, a good bit of the Apocrypha and have studied most of the religions of the world as part of my elective classes in my University years.

Why?

Because I was curious as to the knowledge that came before us, the writing of past great thinkers and learned men. I have an unending thirst for knowledge and always have.

There's a line in a song by a band named Stealer's Wheel that I often think of as I read comments on this Forum.
It's from a song entitled 'Reelin' in the Years'....

'the things you pass for knowledge I just don't understand'
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

I have never seen anyone so proud of his segregated past.

In 1963, I was in public schools in both Pensacola and Orlando, But I don't wear it as a badge of honor.

I also saw the other side full integration in Detroit and had black friends there
and I did cause trouble saying why are the schools so racist what are you so afraid of down here
but noted the experience and proud the the racists were defeated
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

I also saw the other side full integration in Detroit and had black friends there
and I did cause trouble saying why are the schools so racist what are you so afraid of down here
but noted the experience and proud the the racists were defeated

Again: So what? In 1967 I was in public school in Silver Spring Maryland, just outside the Beltway.
You are neither righteous nor special.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have read the Bible, starting with the first word of the Old Testament and ending with the last word of the New Testament.
Beginning to End.
I have also read a lot of the Book of Mormon, a good bit of the Apocrypha and have studied most of the religions of the world as part of my elective classes in my University years.

Why?

Because I was curious as to the knowledge that came before us, the writing of past great thinkers and learned men. I have an unending thirst for knowledge and always have.

There's a line in a song by a band named Stealer's Wheel that I often think of as I read comments on this Forum.
It's from a song entitled 'Reelin' in the Years'....

'the things you pass for knowledge I just don't understand'

steelly dan reeling in the years has your line not stealers wheel
wrong band

religions everyone gets to make up one
no one true religion
no god behind any belief system
just a scam that is all

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 10-15-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12609 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by williegoat:

Again: So what? In 1967 I was in public school in Silver Spring Maryland, just outside the Beltway.
You are neither righteous nor special.

never claimed to be

just saw the racist up close back then

today the same people still have the same ideas
they just use code words to hide their hate
are all trump fans racists no just far tooo many of them
are there racist joe fans sure but a very few far less then the trump fans
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it was Steely Dan all along, I just wanted to give you the opportunity to be right about something for once.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2023 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beginning to End.

On the rare occasion that I get sick, and it screws up my voice (to which point it becomes extremely deep), my daughter makes me read Genesis...

"In the beginning..."

hahaha...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay